Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : Durrability swords! (Even has a hold to test it!)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
gavgav123
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 34
IP: Logged

File: Durrability Feature.drh (8.9 KB)
Downloaded 37 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Durrability swords! (+2)  
A cool rpg idea i had for a hold was durability.
Every hit you do while fighting subtracts the DURA (Durrability) the amount your enemy's attack is times 3.

Ex:
DURA: 10000
a swordsman would take 680Dura away due to it having 680 attack
DURA: 10000-680(3)
DURA: 7960
If the swordsman get an additional hit, it will subtract 680 again
DURA 5920
The sword would break when it hit 0

comment what you think of this idea :)

[Last edited by gavgav123 at 01-29-2014 09:04 PM]
01-29-2014 at 07:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1299
icon Re: Durrability swords! (+1)  
Kinda iffy. It makes micromanaging the durability a chore - you'll want to fight without it, sometimes. But how do you know that you won't get the next sword (or something) before it runs out? If it were visible, maybe. Otherwise, not so much.

The example hold does showcase the idea well, though this really belongs in RPG Architecture, and the hold is weak - the choices, if there are any, are few and far between.
01-29-2014 at 10:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
12th Archivist
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 789
icon Re: Durrability swords! (+1)  
One use this might have is if a weapon was broken (disabled) but not destroyed when it ran out of durability. If the player could repair the weapon for money or keys, durability might be one way to reduce late-game overflow of those resources.

But this is clearly a scriptable feature, so this topic belongs in the RPG Architecture hold.

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!

[Last edited by 12th Archivist at 01-29-2014 11:31 PM]
01-29-2014 at 11:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gavgav123
icon Re: Durrability swords! (0)  
12th Archivist wrote:
One use this might have is if a weapon was broken (disabled) but not destroyed when it ran out of durability. If the player could repair the weapon for money or keys, durability might be one way to reduce late-game overflow of those resources.

I was planning to add a bunch of different swords everywhere, but that sounds like a better idea
01-30-2014 at 12:43 AM
gavgav123
Someone Else wrote:
The example hold does showcase the idea well, though this really belongs in RPG Architecture, and the hold is weak - the choices, if there are any, are few and far between.

This hold wasnt meant to be published on any level; it was just for demo reasons.
01-30-2014 at 12:45 AM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
Intriguing concept!

I've moved the topic to the RPG architecture board.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
01-30-2014 at 04:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : Durrability swords! (Even has a hold to test it!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com