Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Heroine's Quest - Making Money
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
perrilin
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Heroine's Quest - Making Money (0)  
I thought it'd be a good idea to start a thread on how to make money in Heroine's Quest.

I'll start.

Click here to view the secret text

01-01-2014 at 05:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Zachski
icon Re: Heroine's Quest - Making Money (0)  
Troll Blood (you don't need to do the tree bark sidequest first)

Fighting brigands, duarg, duergar, trolls, and svartalfs

01-01-2014 at 06:51 AM
PicaLudica
Selling gems to Regin

Playing Odinn's Dice with Snorri and Volund

01-01-2014 at 07:02 AM
azurerosa
These are from memory. Fair warning. :)

Probably exclusive to the sorceress:

Several of the quests give you a choice of rewards, one option being money. Here are the quests I remember with that option, there may be more as I haven't finished the game yet:

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” ~Mark Twain
01-01-2014 at 07:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
v_k
Willow bark doesn't get you money, IIRC, only a healing potion the first time you give it to Liff and nothing at all for any subsequent ones.
01-01-2014 at 07:44 AM
Mngwa
I had good experience with this:
Went to cemetery at night to the part with the tomb.
There are always three skeletons easy to kill.
They often have a few coins.
It is good to have some flasks with magic hot water from Svartalfheimif if you get cold.
I spent night with killing skeletons and at the end I had 150 more crowns.
01-08-2014 at 07:38 AM
thefriendlyghost
Making money is one thing, but how to spend money? :D
I have over 200 silver right now, playing as a rogue, and have not even robbed every possible place yet.
01-19-2014 at 05:19 PM
Aquillion
PicaLudica wrote: Playing Odinn's Dice with Snorri and Volund
Note that there's a cap to the (net) amount you can win off of them -- it doesn't matter how you're manipulating things, they'll eventually get suspicious and stop playing with you.
01-21-2014 at 10:51 PM
Spiffo
A very reliable way to get money and materials is to go to the graveyard at night and kill 3 draugs. They respawn instantly if you leave and come back. If you have Blessing, cast it at the start of the fight and they go down in a single hit.

Trolls in chapter 2/3 are also reliable. They carry more cash than smaller enemies, and if you have an empty flask you can grab some blood for 10 coins extra, just sell it to Liff. So keep a flask supply and trolls are guaranteed 10 coins whenever you see one.

You'll find cash on other humanoid enemies but Trolls are the best because of the blood thing.

This is only really viable once you hit chapter 3 (which is the bulk of the game) but you don't really need much money until then anyway.
01-23-2014 at 06:54 PM
Oreldwin
As Rogue....

You can sell the mage scroll found at the Adventurers skill to Liff and then steal it back and resell a few times, go rest or sleep, rinse and repeat 30 silver each time.

Not sure if this is a bug or not.
01-25-2014 at 11:01 AM
Fizzii
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
Yes, that's an exploit :P
01-25-2014 at 11:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Thaumaturge
I seem to recall that, playing as a sorceress, casting Sixth Sense in one particular, nondescript screen revealed a small cache of, well, cash -- about 20 silver coins, I think. (It does seem to call for a shovel with which to dig up the cache.)

I only found the one such that I recall. :/

For any looking for the cache:

[Last edited by Thaumaturge at 01-29-2014 01:42 AM]
01-29-2014 at 01:42 AM
Lunda
You'll find trolls respawning fairly often in front of Thrivaldi's (the two headed troll) cave. Just exit and enter the area. Remember to bring flasks.
02-12-2014 at 03:15 PM
Spiffo
The gambling minigame at the beginning is cool, is there a way to play more of it?

When you win enough, they go "hey you took us to the cleaners. I'll pass on playing with you again!" There should be a for-funsies minigame version where you can gamble all the money you want and make loads of "cash" that you can't bring into the main game.

It's a cool minigame and should have a no-stakes version playable anytime.
02-12-2014 at 06:05 PM
Kirath
A good tool for any heroine is a dagger. As well as getting meat you've got a chance to get pelts if you have the Animal Ken skill. Cured varg pelts can be sold for 5 silver a piece to Sigrun in Muranvagir.

[Last edited by Kirath at 03-26-2014 08:27 PM]
03-24-2014 at 06:52 PM
abderraouf07
good:thumbsup

06-14-2016 at 05:43 PM
Heroinefan
Rank Points: 12
Oreldwin wrote:
As Rogue....

You can sell the mage scroll found at the Adventurers skill to Liff and then steal it back and resell a few times, go rest or sleep, rinse and repeat 30 silver each time.

Not sure if this is a bug or not.

I think every game should have a little exploit for the character clever enough to find it and be Ignored by the dev by mutual consent. There is joy in the discovery and stealing and reselling makes your character feel clever.
08-07-2016 at 05:53 PM
Heroinefan
Rank Points: 12
The legetimate way to make money is as follows:

In the mini-game firstly: 40 something silver ''if you win in a certain way'' is as high as it can go before the bad man (a really bad man) calls the game. Yet I have got it to 79 silver ''see if you can go higher!''

The way, is to get it to 40 silver and save your game without him backing out, then there is a way depending on if you win (he wont like that or tie(baby wont back out) to get it to 43 silver without him calling it. Save in another slot.

Then try to win big with a lot of bets like on three ravens or something unexpected even midguard.

It helps if your forced to roll a lot to get whatever it is, before you lay on the bets. Just keep reloading your game.

(cool how the mini games by crystal shard are fun and not annoying, like real games!) you want to keep playing!

Likewise as liff said sori is likely cheating, remember, when he takes your gem having lied about it being a family heirloom?

Then he taunts and makes fun of you? Its not honor knowing this to give it to him, its being a fool.

This man has no real honor, your just beating him at his own game to teach him a lesson.

If sori came upon you bleeding in the streets he would pick your pockets before going for help and maybe try to cop a feel, then joke about it latter in the pub. Do not feel bad about the mini-game.

Another way as a rouge to make money, is to incessantly steal the bark from liff and give it back for 2 or three silver.

He also has a gem in his home Regan would doubtless like back to resell him.

Trolls work after you spot them talking at the tree, just start a troll hunting expedition.

If you steal all rewards in advance from wizard, he will give you silver instead. Likewise you can get teleport thing early. Give the chest to Regan steal it back and open it for some silver.

The night crystal is also worth silver but the problem is making it back to a chest to keep it safe for ReganNo point in trying to steal this, he wont buy it back nor the gems you sell him, he will just complement you on your skill and take it back.

Speaking of the gem sori wants don't give it to him if your not a rouge, simply sell it to Regan steal it back then give it to sori.

After this break into his house steal it back and whatever else for what he put you through then give it back to Regan which is the right thing to do.

As for as thieving and running a thieves guild Regan rather expects this sort of thing. Stealing from the master thief?

He will only admire you for it, think your cute probably and likeable giving it back just to display skill.

As a side note lithrazir has some kind of problem going under her nose, that makes here not very pretty. The heroine is more lovely by far.

Sori saying stuff like breaking the poor heroines nose for lithrizer, (with no real to warn such her not being a rowdy man) and talking to a woman like that, while being a womanizer too?

Something about that is really...in any case he knows its wrong to say because he wont say them same thing if asked the same question in front of others.

Truth is, the hostility is probably because he cannot have her,(the heroine) never will and knows it. A certain type of man reacts like that in those cases.

Shes a blond blue eyed beauty, probably more Nordic blood than most of the people born there.

They don't look like people from Gaul. Or nords at all really. Accept her and the blacksmith and son. (also maybe guild master).

Fun fact:

2 characters in the game look like zoolanders buddy from the first zoolander movie you know Hansel.

Its funny and prob a homage, one of the fates (lol) the other fate looks like Malcolm McDowell btw (think when hes in drag in the movie Caligula with peter o tool as Tiberius) and also the guild master looks like Hansel sort of.

Only the old woman fate looks like a woman.

It looks like they breed with a conquered people or something probably in decline or some such.

I love the game and if anything all these little trivia worthy touches will just makes this a cult classic (like with the norns).

[Last edited by Heroinefan at 08-09-2016 03:59 PM]
08-09-2016 at 03:49 PM
ConjurerDragon
Rank Points: 13

File: agssave.040.hqthor (1.4 MB)
Downloaded 38 times.
License: Public Domain
Heroinefan wrote:
The legetimate way to make money is as follows:

In the mini-game firstly: 40 something silver ''if you win in a certain way'' is as high as it can go before the bad man (a really bad man) calls the game. Yet I have got it to 79 silver ''see if you can go higher!''

Do you mean you did win 79 silver?
Or that you went from the starting 15 to 79, so winning 64?
In the latter case I just managed to go from 15 to 82.

(cool how the mini games by crystal shard are fun and not annoying, like real games!) you want to keep playing!

Exactly what I thought when I first played the dice game. That mini-game should be available from the main menu to be played once it has been won ingame :thumbsup

Likewise as liff said sori is likely cheating, remember, when he takes your gem having lied about it being a family heirloom?

Is there any way as a warrior or sorceror to get it back or to have him pay for that? The rogue can steal it back but as a warrior I felt practically powerless - even threatening to kill him only was met with some explanation what a great warrior he is and that I would have no chance... :medieval

[Last edited by ConjurerDragon at 10-04-2017 10:33 PM]
10-04-2017 at 10:31 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Heroine's Quest - Making Money
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com