Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : The Straight and Narrow (A hold in one dimension (kinda))
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Someone Else
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1300
IP: Logged

File: The Straight and Narrow.drh (4.5 KB)
Downloaded 65 times.
License: Public Domain
icon The Straight and Narrow (+2)  
This hold is quite unfinished - only a few rooms have been built. However, it's much more compact than most RPG holds. Give it a try; tell me your best stats!

[Last edited by Someone Else at 10-07-2018 11:50 PM]
12-31-2013 at 02:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Red-XIII
Rank Points: 623
icon Re: The Straight and Narrow (+3)  
I think this is a brilliant idea for a RPG hold, I really liked it!

Though I'm sure that my stats are not really optimized I think they are not so bad, they are referred to 7E, (15,8)

Click here to view the secret text

Some notes:
4E: I'm sure that it's by design, but you can get both attack and defense gem, the ones at (10,7) and (10,9), even if you lite the fuse. I also used here the "wall walking" to avoid opening the blue door.
Of course, if in the future rooms I'll find something more important like a shield or a sword I might use the "wall-walking" for those so I spent all keys and powers to optimize at my best these rooms.

Keep going, that's a really cool hold!

12-31-2013 at 01:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4590
icon Re: The Straight and Narrow (+2)  
Very nice idea for a hold :thumbsup

I've only had time for a quick playthrough instead of trying to optimise. Here's what I've got:

12-31-2013 at 09:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Lucky Luc
Rank Points: 1215
icon Re: The Straight and Narrow (+2)  
Nice idea! I'm rather bad at RPG, but for the record, here are my stats:

01-02-2014 at 07:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Midootje
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 109
icon Re: The Straight and Narrow (+1)  
Woah, this is a really cool concept. In here, you actually make choices about whether to leave stuff behind permanently (which, in case of ATK and DEF, I'm really really against, so I always pick the choice of retrieving those, even when it's sub-optimal) or take them, or leave them for later using blue keys. If it turns out (for you) to be possible to make a complete hold, with equipment and all, based on this premise, I sense some great potential here.

Stats at the end of 7E:

[Last edited by Midootje at 01-06-2014 05:06 PM : Secreted stats]
01-06-2014 at 05:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1300
icon Re: The Straight and Narrow (0)  
Alright, so I went back to this after a few years. I plan to make this longer - hopefully about 30 rooms total. However, it's difficult for me to see what common stats would be, so I'm putting a boss in in 9E.

File is attached to first post (and I seem to have lost my player file in the meantime... so this has a different hold ID).

My current best stats are:

I'm sure that it's possible to optimize this (much) further. There are more doors to open than keys with which to open them.

It might also be kind of fun to have an extra scorepoint after the final boss, where you get to warp right back to the start and clean up whatever you have left. But it's a while before I get to that point.
10-07-2018 at 11:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : The Straight and Narrow (A hold in one dimension (kinda))
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com