Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : Scripting help?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
gavgav123
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 34
IP: Logged
icon Scripting help? (0)  
Does anyone know how to make an NPC say a certain amount of a variable? Like if you have 2825 GR, the npc will say 2825 exactly.
12-30-2013 at 07:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
12th Archivist
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 789
icon Re: Scripting help? (+2)  
And you've just stumbled on one of the coolest things scripters can do... although it has pretty limited documentation.

Surrounding a variable name with dollar signs will display the *value* of the variable (whether it's a number or it's text) instead of the *name* of the variable. In your case, your character should say something like "You have $_Gold$ greckles in your pocket", and it will display as "You have 2825 greckles in your pocket".

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!

[Last edited by 12th Archivist at 12-30-2013 08:25 PM]
12-30-2013 at 08:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gavgav123
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 34
icon Re: Scripting help? (0)  
12th Archivist wrote:
And you've just stumbled on one of the coolest things scripters can do... although it has pretty limited documentation.

Surrounding a variable name with dollar signs will display the *value* of the variable (whether it's a number or it's text) instead of the *name* of the variable. In your case, your character should say something like "You have $_Gold$ greckles in your pocket", and it will display as "You have 2825 greckles in your pocket".

Thankyou so much! i always wanted to know how to do this!:thumbsup
12-30-2013 at 08:42 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : Scripting help?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com