Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : A Red Guard's Adventure (stopped) (My first hold)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
gavgav123
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 34
IP: Logged

File: A Guards Adventure development2.drh (29.1 KB)
Downloaded 60 times.
License: Public Domain
icon A Red Guard's Adventure (stopped) (+3)  
This hold is about a guard who was finished taking orders from the empire that ruled over him.The hold has new swords with unique powers and new monsters, and is planned to have 10 Levels.
However, it currently only has 3 levels. (not including the testing level)
Sense its still in development, at the beginning, there is a tunnel you can to through to test some of the swords. Only some will be added to the game.
Please download and test this for yourself.

Also Criticism, bad or good, is definitely accepted. You can also give new ideas for levels, monsters, swords, ect.

UPDATES:
~Fixed any "one-way-only" paths
~Added level 3
~Fixed Rock Texture
~Fixed Going back to level 1 and getting stuck
~Fixed starting at Level 2
~Added storyline

Comment below and tell me how your doing on the hold and how much you enjoy it!

[Last edited by gavgav123 at 05-21-2014 06:00 AM]
12-29-2013 at 06:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Gordius
Rank Points: 91
icon Re: A Red Guard's Adventure (0)  
I'd like to check this out, but it's telling me I need a newer version. Every attempt I've made to update past .54 has resulted in an unplayable file, so this will have to wait.
12-29-2013 at 08:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
gavgav123
New version? I dont know how to fix it, because it sounds like the problem is on your side because it said that you need a newer version. But if its not, please tell me how to fix it if you can.:yes

Btw i use a Mac OS X computer if that helps

[Last edited by gavgav123 at 12-29-2013 10:03 PM]
12-29-2013 at 09:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nuntar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 4590
icon Re: A Red Guard's Adventure (+2)  
Sorry about that; I forgot to check whether I could get past the Rock later on. Now I've got a bit further, this is a fairly good start, though it suffers from being too linear, and having too many choices that aren't really choices. You must take ATK at each "choice" point, or you can't defeat the Rock. You must spend a yellow key for ATK in 2S2E. This in turn means you must defeat the Thug in 1S2E, or you'll run out of yellow keys. By making good choices about the order to attack enemies, it's otherwise entirely possible to skip the Wooden Shield and go straight for the Bronze Shield -- but your only reward is to be run straight into a brick wall.

On the plus side, I like the idea of a weapon that gives both ATK and DEF -- that could create some interesting choices about when exactly to go for it, if it weren't for the problem I just highlighted.

12-29-2013 at 11:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
gavgav123
Thanks for the advice! I'll add more choice to it so a certain route isn't required.

12-30-2013 at 12:13 AM
gavgav123
icon Re: A Red Guard's Adventure (+3)  
I have updated the hold and have fixed any linear routes to make it better :thumbsup

~lowered the ROCK Def from 22 to 16

Ill put a file to the updated version

[Last edited by gavgav123 at 12-30-2013 01:22 AM]
12-30-2013 at 12:20 AM
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
So I start the hold and I magically find that I'm already at level 2! Fantastic, I must be the best player on the planet!

Unfortunately this means I'm stuck and can't do anything. You might want to fix that.

[Last edited by Ezlo at 12-30-2013 04:11 PM]
12-30-2013 at 04:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gavgav123
icon Re: A Red Guard's Adventure (+1)  
Ezlo wrote:
So I start the hold and I magically find that I'm already at level 2! Fantastic, I must be the best player on the planet!

Unfortunately this means I'm stuck and can't do anything. You might want to fix that.

Lol sorry about that XD. I accidentally put the second level as the first. Ill fix it. Heres the download
12-30-2013 at 04:46 PM
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
Here are my stats for the Roach King checkpoint, I am very much unoptimized I'm pretty sure:

Click here to view the secret text

Quick bug, leaving the second level to get back to the first level makes you stuck in the first level. The script to go to the second level only works once.
12-30-2013 at 05:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gavgav123

File: A Guards Adventure development2.drh (28.2 KB)
Downloaded 47 times.
License: Public Domain
Ezlo wrote:
Here are my stats for the Roach King checkpoint, I am very much unoptimized I'm pretty sure:

Click here to view the secret text

Quick bug, leaving the second level to get back to the first level makes you stuck in the first level. The script to go to the second level only works once.

Thank you for telling me about the bug, its fixed now.

[Last edited by gavgav123 at 12-30-2013 05:44 PM]
12-30-2013 at 05:40 PM
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4590
There's a similar bug in the script for going back to the first level from the second.

The new version of 1:2S2E allows you to get both the ATK and DEF for only one key. Was this intended?

The second level is interesting, but again has the problem that you really need to concentrate on ATK (for the ironically named Weak Guards) so there are fewer genuine choices than it appears.

Third level... looks like you need to optimise perfectly and get all the secrets to stand a chance against the Goblin King boss. Though maybe I missed some secrets :P

Talking of secrets, the Lucky Greckle was a disappointing reward for a difficult fight, considering there's nothing to spend greckles on in this hold. And I hope you're going to add the "missing" secret at 1:3S1W?

12-30-2013 at 09:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
gavgav123
Nuntar wrote:
There's a similar bug in the script for going back to the first level from the second.

The new version of 1:2S2E allows you to get both the ATK and DEF for only one key. Was this intended?

The second level is interesting, but again has the problem that you really need to concentrate on ATK (for the ironically named Weak Guards) so there are fewer genuine choices than it appears.

Third level... looks like you need to optimise perfectly and get all the secrets to stand a chance against the Goblin King boss. Though maybe I missed some secrets :P

Talking of secrets, the Lucky Greckle was a disappointing reward for a difficult fight, considering there's nothing to spend greckles on in this hold. And I hope you're going to add the "missing" secret at 1:3S1W?

Ill probably make the second level more wide with deffence later, but the third level is Intentionally made to need very optimal stats. This is so that its hard to defeat the boss. You are Required the double blade to beat the boss.

Oh and the lucky greckle thing does seem dissapointing right now... But it wont later, ill be adding shopkeepers in the game to sell you stuff you might/might not need.

The one key thing was intentional though

But expect to see alot of bugs and imperfections. this is my first hold:)

[Last edited by gavgav123 at 12-30-2013 10:55 PM]
12-30-2013 at 10:29 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : A Red Guard's Adventure (stopped) (My first hold)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com