Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Heroine's Quest - Thieves Guild Help!
Page 3 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Fizzii
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
IP: Logged
icon Re: Heroine's Quest - Thieves Guild Help! (0)  
Yes, and it is a good mindset to have.

Personally I have not played the rogue class as I was focusing testing on other classes. And after a while of playing the game over and over again, one ends up repeating the same actions anyway, and eventually the game needs a set of fresh eyes to find more bugs.

Sorry some slipped through, but it does unfortunately happen. We did try to make the game as polished as we could.
01-06-2014 at 01:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Crom
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
Fizzii wrote:
Yes, and it is a good mindset to have.

Personally I have not played the rogue class as I was focusing testing on other classes. And after a while of playing the game over and over again, one ends up repeating the same actions anyway, and eventually the game needs a set of fresh eyes to find more bugs.

Sorry some slipped through, but it does unfortunately happen. We did try to make the game as polished as we could.

No problem at all. The same stuff happens where I work. It always takes a fresh set of eyes. Thank you for making such an awesome game.
01-06-2014 at 05:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Crom
Fizzii wrote:
We probably allowed the gold sword to be used for flexibility. And it is kind of magic, but it isn't very good for fighting either :)

Anyway, I will do some testing tonight to see if I can replicate Crom's issue (it may come down to the fact that we didn't expect anyone to enter the guild BEFORE their things were robbed, and I am unsure why it would occur after his things got robbed given it hasn't consistently replicated across other people's games for this class).

Here are the steps below so you can hopefully reproduce it:

Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Crom at 01-06-2014 06:09 AM]
01-06-2014 at 05:23 AM
Fizzii
So I've tested a little and this is what I note:

- As a thief, you can only pry the barrel door open if the cupboard door is open. If you don't have it open, the game won't let you pry the door open with the sword, let alone give you a hint about leverage.

- The game plays out OK if I go to the thieve's lodge before I'm robbed, so that scenario was taken into consideration by the programmer.

- I am unable to replicate your issue of not having enough time to do anything. On the fastest speed setting I had 4 seconds. I use 'J' key for jump, and I click the cursor a bit lower down the screen. I'm not sure what you're doing, but if you're doing similarly and it's not working, I wouldn't mind a saved game to have a look. (And I just tested, and placement of cursor should not matter).

[Last edited by Fizzii at 01-06-2014 08:38 AM]
01-06-2014 at 08:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
RogueIce
For the record, when you get robbed, it does call it the Thieves Lodge several times, so I would presume that is the hint for solving the letter puzzle.

In any event, is it possible that by prying it open, you're accidently triggering the Warrior's version of the Lodge? If that's even a thing, I suppose. Try using the hand icon on yourself and see what happens?

Otherwise all I could conclude is that prying it open as a Rogue is bugging the game out. Reload to before descending the barrel, solve it the Rogue way (use the letters puzzle to open it) and then see if it'll play out differently.

I went through with a Rogue on a quickie run, and I did find I had plenty of time to jump away as well. I went up to the menu, clicked on the action button, selected Jumping and then clicked away. So even without the keyboard shortcut it was plenty possible.

[Last edited by RogueIce at 01-06-2014 02:59 PM]
01-06-2014 at 02:58 PM
Crom
Fizzii wrote:

- As a thief, you can only pry the barrel door open if the cupboard door is open. If you don't have it open, the game won't let you pry the door open with the sword, let alone give you a hint about leverage.

- The game plays out OK if I go to the thieve's lodge before I'm robbed, so that scenario was taken into consideration by the programmer.

- I am unable to replicate your issue of not having enough time to do anything. On the fastest speed setting I had 4 seconds. I use 'J' key for jump, and I click the cursor a bit lower down the screen. I'm not sure what you're doing, but if you're doing similarly and it's not working, I wouldn't mind a saved game to have a look. (And I just tested, and placement of cursor should not matter).

RogueIce wrote:
For the record, when you get robbed, it does call it the Thieves Lodge several times, so I would presume that is the hint for solving the letter puzzle.

In any event, is it possible that by prying it open, you're accidently triggering the Warrior's version of the Lodge? If that's even a thing, I suppose. Try using the hand icon on yourself and see what happens?

Otherwise all I could conclude is that prying it open as a Rogue is bugging the game out. Reload to before descending the barrel, solve it the Rogue way (use the letters puzzle to open it) and then see if it'll play out differently.

I went through with a Rogue on a quickie run, and I did find I had plenty of time to jump away as well. I went up to the menu, clicked on the action button, selected Jumping and then clicked away. So even without the keyboard shortcut it was plenty possible.

Good deal. I will try that today. Didn't know about the J shortcut.

Thanks guys.

[Last edited by Crom at 01-06-2014 04:00 PM]
01-06-2014 at 03:59 PM
Crom
Fizzii wrote:

OK. Did things the right way.

There is a definite difference between opening it the right way and the wrong way for me.

When I open it with the switches I have to click the ladder to go in the barrel. I also have tons of time to jump out of the way when needed.

When I open it with the sword and I automatically climb down. I only have a second to hit the J key and click somewhere with the walk button. I tried a few times before I succeeded. It is a lot harder to do.

I wonder if I somehow activated the Warrior's version?
01-06-2014 at 09:35 PM
Fizzii
It's funny, but on my machine, if I do it the wrong way, I still have plenty of time to jump. Anyway, since there is a difference between right way and wrong way, fixing the bug so the wrong way can't happen at all will be the final fix in v1.1 :)
01-06-2014 at 10:08 PM
Aquillion
As a sorceress, I probably got more use out of the gold sword than any other item in the game. (I don't think I'm supposed to have it, but I pickpocketed it from Regin. Since a Sorceress doesn't usually have a sword, and there's several places you can use one as a tool, it's actually extremely useful to her -- though obviously not as a weapon!)

What skill is it that allows non-thieves to join the guild? Stealth or thievery? I assume thievery, but I had both, so I wasn't sure.

[Last edited by Aquillion at 01-14-2014 08:50 AM]
01-14-2014 at 08:18 AM
Zachski
I would assume you need both, actually.
01-15-2014 at 05:34 AM
Arastior
I play as a mage.
I can't enter the guild. Using 6th sence spell I've found five triggers. I've activated them, but nothing happens.

[Last edited by Arastior at 01-15-2014 10:48 AM]
01-15-2014 at 10:46 AM
Fizzii
With the last trigger, make sure you're clicking the right drawer?
01-15-2014 at 10:58 AM
Arastior
Fizzii wrote:
With the last trigger, make sure you're clicking the right drawer?

Thx. Now it works. Before this i just opened wardrobe and didn't focus on drawers.
01-15-2014 at 11:49 AM
Aquillion
Zachski wrote:
I would assume you need both, actually.
I would prefer that it just require Thievery, since Thievery is already nerfed if you don't have stealth (you can't pickpocket anyone) -- without joining the guild it's even worse, since you'll have no lockpicks and therefore pretty much no way to apply or improve thievery at all beyond cheating at dice.

[Last edited by Aquillion at 01-21-2014 11:23 PM]
01-21-2014 at 11:23 PM
lyssabits
So if you didn't make it into the guild before traveling to Svartlheim (Regin was always there and whining at me not to touch any of the decor whenever I tried.) are you just out of luck for the rest of the game? After returning from Svartlheim I went back, as a sorceress and tried Sixth Sense but after following the magic's directions it claimed the thieves must have changed the password. Or is this just the case until I somehow scrounge up the money to free Kraka from jail?
03-16-2014 at 10:14 PM
Fizzii
If you're playing v1.1, the Norns should have prevented you from entering Svartalfheim if your things were stolen. Please let us know if this isn't the case.

If you avoided having your belongings stolen in the first place, then no, you don't need to visit the Thieves' Guild.

Either way, you shouldn't be up against any game stoppers :) (and going into the Thieves' Guild isn't going to help rescue Kraka).
03-16-2014 at 10:57 PM
lyssabits
Fizzii wrote:
If you're playing v1.1, the Norns should have prevented you from entering Svartalfheim if your things were stolen. Please let us know if this isn't the case.

If you avoided having your belongings stolen in the first place, then no, you don't need to visit the Thieves' Guild.

Either way, you shouldn't be up against any game stoppers :) (and going into the Thieves' Guild isn't going to help rescue Kraka).

The thief broke into my room but didn't steal anything. I'm just that the point where I've been everywhere and done everything I can think of and I KNOW there's an area over there I haven't been so I'm frustrated that I can't get in there. ;)

Edited to add: Although I never got the mirror I see from other threads on the board indicated was in the Munagivir inn. If the thief stole that, and I shouldn't have been allowed to travel to Svartlheim until I retrieved it, then that's a bug.

[Last edited by lyssabits at 03-17-2014 12:56 AM]
03-17-2014 at 12:49 AM
lyssabits
I swear the thieves guild is the bane of my existence.. I downloaded the new version of the game and this time the thief came and stole all my things. But I'm running into the same problem that I had the first time I tried to play through, that Regin is here and won't leave. I can't interact with any of the items in the house while he's here. Do I just have spectacularly bad timing and I'm always missing the window where he leaves? Nothing else I've tried to encourage him to leave spell-wise has worked. ;)
03-18-2014 at 06:25 AM
Fizzii
Regin stays indoors during the day time. If you've played further, you'll know why :)
03-18-2014 at 07:44 AM
Jack Stryker
Rank Points: 13
If Regin isn't already there when you come in, then you may have some time to open the secret door before he arrives, by slowing down the game speed and memorizing where all the correct switches are.

[Last edited by Jack Stryker at 03-18-2014 08:18 AM]
03-18-2014 at 08:17 AM
awz0me273
What is the password to open the barrel?

03-23-2014 at 05:33 AM
DracoHandsome
If you weren't able to solve the LODGE puzzle then I'm afraid you simply were not paying attention. Here are two of the ingame hints - from the only two letter objects that give long descriptions, no less:

"An ornate latch in the shape of a letter F is set on the cupboard door; you believe the drawers have handles that look like other letters. You think there are a lot of letters here, but you would probably need only half of them."

"Drawn in soot upon the bottom of the lamp is the letter D. You think the password here should be something very straightforward; what is it you're looking for again?"

Whenever you ask just about any NPC in town about the thief who robbed you, they will mention the Thieves' Lodge.

Which means you're looking for the Thieves' Lodge.

Ergo LODGE.
03-25-2014 at 02:54 AM
xboxown
DracoHandsome wrote:
If you weren't able to solve the LODGE puzzle then I'm afraid you simply were not paying attention. Here are two of the ingame hints - from the only two letter objects that give long descriptions, no less:

"An ornate latch in the shape of a letter F is set on the cupboard door; you believe the drawers have handles that look like other letters. You think there are a lot of letters here, but you would probably need only half of them."

"Drawn in soot upon the bottom of the lamp is the letter D. You think the password here should be something very straightforward; what is it you're looking for again?"

Whenever you ask just about any NPC in town about the thief who robbed you, they will mention the Thieves' Lodge.

Which means you're looking for the Thieves' Lodge.

Ergo LODGE.

issue of heading exploding and instant death. I don't know what to do...every time I leave the village to go outside and continue my adventure my character automatically explode into dust and says head explode out of thin air.

When I was robbed my food got robbed and I am super hungry but I set difficulty to easy (all the way to the left), yet when I exit town I explode. If I try to enter the thief guild I am instantly killed. I am stuck in this town and can't do anything else. I don't want to watch the game in youtube until I see the ending. I want to actually play the game and finish it myself. Any help on this would be greatly appreciate it.
01-21-2022 at 07:09 AM
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
xboxown wrote: issue of heading exploding and instant death. I don't know what to do...every time I leave the village to go outside and continue my adventure my character automatically explode into dust and says head explode out of thin air.
Yeah, you're carrying the unstable ordnance. Don't do that.

01-21-2022 at 07:59 AM
xboxown
Radiant wrote:
xboxown wrote: issue of heading exploding and instant death. I don't know what to do...every time I leave the village to go outside and continue my adventure my character automatically explode into dust and says head explode out of thin air.
Yeah, you're carrying the unstable ordnance. Don't do that.

Cool!! Thank you!! I always get killed when I entered the thieves guilt and this is the first time I am entering it. I guess I can say good bye to my apple and other stuff. I suppose I don't need to go there me being be a spell caster.
01-21-2022 at 05:39 PM
xboxown
Help! I am stuck!!

First I cannot get the pouch from the sleeping troll in the cave because my mirror is stolen. Second, when I attempted to use the nine rocks to travel to save the boy who got kidnapped from the troll the three witches told me I am not ready yet. I need to collect my equipment from the thieves guild who stolen my stuff. The problem I have is that every time I go there I always get killed when I enter through the barrel. No matter how many times I try I always end up getting killed.

Please help me. Now I cannot do anything in the game, I am officially stuck. Any help in how to resolve this issue? How do I get my pouch from the troll when I cannot get the mirror from my stuff that was stolen by the thieves?
01-23-2022 at 06:42 AM
Radiant
xboxown wrote: I need to collect my equipment from the thieves guild who stolen my stuff. The problem I have is that every time I go there I always get killed when I enter through the barrel.
Then the question becomes, how do you avoid getting killed as you enter the thieves guild? It depends on your class though.

01-24-2022 at 03:19 PM
xboxown
I am a spell caster. My issue is not my stuff getting stolen mind you. I know now how to avoid them getting stolen. I will put them all in the chest at the other town and I should be fine. My issue is when I want to teleport using the nine rocks to continue the story they say I need to go to the thief guild. This makes the game impossible if I am forced to go to the thief guild and going there end up getting you killed.
01-24-2022 at 04:49 PM
Radiant
Then the question becomes, how do you avoid getting killed as you enter the thieves guild?

01-24-2022 at 07:25 PM
xboxown
I wish I knew. If I knew I would have done it.
01-25-2022 at 05:35 AM
Page 3 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Heroine's Quest - Thieves Guild Help!
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com