Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Bavato's Dungeon : Level 6 (The Rooms Of Manipulation) : 2 North, 4 East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
IP: Logged
icon Bavato's Dungeon : Level 6 (The Rooms Of Manipulation) : 2 North, 4 East (0)  
I hate to ask for hints, but I'm just not seeing the solution here - I've tried to hit the orb from every possible direction and in every timing I could think of (just before a spawn, just after a spawn, as fast as you can get there, etc.) I've managed to kill up to five queens but eventually I'm faced with a horde that locks me in a corner - or at best an endless horde that I can hold back but can't advance into.

How do I start this room?

08-31-2004 at 01:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
icon Re: Bavato's Dungeon : Level 6 (The Rooms Of Manipulation) : 2 North, 4 East (+1)  
This was devilish room :)

some tips
Click here to view the secret text

And most important

I had to try it
times :P

[Edited by Doom on 09-02-2004 at 03:45 AM GMT]
09-01-2004 at 07:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: Bavato's Dungeon : Level 6 (The Rooms Of Manipulation) : 2 North, 4 East (0)  
Thanks for your help, but it doesn't actually really answer my problem; I know the correct tactics for handling this room once I've started, but I don't know how to start - every attempt I make ends up with queens in several directions and more than 30 roaches produced each cycle.

How do I need to begin the room to enable me to fight managable hordes?

09-04-2004 at 05:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
icon Re: Bavato's Dungeon : Level 6 (The Rooms Of Manipulation) : 2 North, 4 East (0)  

First, hit the orb when spawn counter is exactly 30. That way, you have more time to kill first roach queens.

I chased a few queens into "1" and killed them, after that I went to "2" and killed a queen there too. All other roaches should be now at "3". There should be about 20 roaches spawning each cycle now because they're in one pack. Try to handle spawned roaches and fight yourself near "4". Try to kill some roaches without retreating too far and then try to get near the queens.

If they begin spawning eggs and you are near them, you can try to cut your way through before they hatch and kill one roach queen. After that retreat, SAVE and repeat the same strategy.
09-04-2004 at 07:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
HopelessAmateur
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 177
A reasonable start:

Hope it helps. The rest is just a slash fest.
12-02-2004 at 05:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
jdyer
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 329
My best start leaves only 13 queens alive.

12-02-2004 at 06:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
HopelessAmateur wrote:
Hope it helps. The rest is just a slash fest.
Correction:

The rest is a brained horde destruction puzzle. If you can't handle brained hordes without retreating too far or efficiently enough, you can't complete the room.

Having the hordes brained makes it significantly more complicated.

12-02-2004 at 09:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
HopelessAmateur
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 177
agaricus5 wrote:
Correction:

The rest is a brained horde destruction puzzle. If you can't handle brained hordes without retreating too far or efficiently enough, you can't complete the room.
Without a shadow of a doubt. Sorry if the word 'just' caused offence :blush
In my defence I had just finished hours of slash festing in that fiendish room (saving innumerable times, going to do other things and coming back to it). Yes, the brained roaches sure are a bugger.

(jdyer) :Notworthy Superb!

[Edited by HopelessAmateur at Local Time:12-03-2004 at 08:48 AM]
12-03-2004 at 08:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Bavato's Dungeon : Level 6 (The Rooms Of Manipulation) : 2 North, 4 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com