Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : A Second Chance [STOPPED] (The story of the great-grandson of Rasarus' King's killer from GatEB)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
BlueFlower
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 156
IP: Logged

File: A Second Chance v1-1.drh (13.2 KB)
Downloaded 43 times.
License: Public Domain

Downloaded 39 times.

Downloaded 40 times.

Downloaded 42 times.

Downloaded 55 times.
icon A Second Chance [STOPPED] (0)  
The story of Sybil the great-grandson of Rasarus' King's killer from GatEB. he is running from guards, and realizes he has a second chance.

VERSION HISTORY

v1.0
Click here to view the secret text

v1.1

[Last edited by BlueFlower at 01-12-2014 06:36 PM]
12-01-2013 at 01:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1300
icon Re: A Second Chance (0)  
RF:1S2E has 4 spaces to go south, while RF:2S2E has only 3 to go north.
RF:4S2E has a hole in the trees to go east and north (though there's no room to the north).
RF:3S1E has a hole in the trees allowing you to go east (there's no problem here though except for auto-pathing; it's blocked in 3S2E for the most part).

The score checkpoint needs to be cleaned up: it currently triggers when you take the blue key; it should trigger either when you step where the roach queen was or you kill the roach queen, and doesn't trigger at all if you leave the room before taking the blue key.

Overall, there's not really much puzzle to this level. There's lots of free stuff, and no real choices about how to proceed. Keep working, though, and it could be quite good.
12-01-2013 at 03:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
12th Archivist
Rank Points: 789
Not a bad hold. Easy, but a bit more work and it looks like it will turn out promisingly.

My ending stats:

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
12-01-2013 at 04:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
BlueFlower
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 156
Someone Else wrote:
The score checkpoint needs to be cleaned up: it currently triggers when you take the blue key; it should trigger either when you step where the roach queen was or you kill the roach queen, and doesn't trigger at all if you leave the room before taking the blue key.

I would need help on how to script that. I have a very limited knowledge in scripting, sadly. :|

12-01-2013 at 03:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4590
Replace "Wait for event Received key" with "Wait while entity is Monster at" and the roach queen's coordinates.

Don't put a monster on the level map; give it for free or not at all. Otherwise the player will just take the map, remember as much as they can, and undo so as to keep the HP, which is an unnecessary annoyance.

Not a bad start, though!

12-01-2013 at 03:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Gordius
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 91
icon Re: A Second Chance (+1)  
This seems like an interesting hold, but I have a couple of comments:

First, your Secrets are mostly quite strong. So either the hold is too hard for people who don't find them, or quickly becomes very easy for those who do.

Second, there are a couple of places with unnecessary and completely unclued scripting that is important to understand to solve the puzzle. AC 1S and 3N1W are the two I noted. In 1S, the bridges appear only when you step on the plate, and not if you go straight to putting a mirror there. And then the final mirror is just a mean joke that involves wandering around until something happens. In 3N1W, I wasn't able to figure out what to do with the guy blocking the chest, and nothing he says gives any indication of what I should be trying.

Third, the exit from the first Ruins of a Village takes you to the second Ruins of a Village, but going back across the bridge returns you to the staircase in Roaches Forest, at which point you can't get back to Ruins of a Village. What is the purpose of the exit from one part of the Ruins to the other, anyway?
01-02-2014 at 11:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : A Second Chance [STOPPED] (The story of the great-grandson of Rasarus' King's killer from GatEB)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com