Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Insaniquarium game help
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
missbrittany
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 57
IP: Logged
icon Insaniquarium game help (0)  
Hello,
I need some tips for the game Insaniquarium, which can be found here: www.popcap.com, with lots of other fun puzzle games.
I can't seem to get past level 2-4. This level has the robot-type alien who shots missiles at your fish. I usually select the swordfish and the crab as pets, so they can attack the alien while I'm shooting down his missiles. I'm usually able to defeat him once in this level, but never more than that. The fish always seem to swim RIGHT next to his missile gun, and I can't entice them away with food, because you can't feed fish while fighting this particular alien.
Does anyone have a suggestion? Maybe I need different pets to help me.
ANY tips would be so greatly appreciated; I'm ready to throw in the towel!
Thanks,
Brittany :huh
05-16-2003 at 06:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
icon Re: Insaniquarium game help (0)  
I think the pets you have are probably the best for fighting this guy. Try upgrading your guns before buying too much other stuff. That can help a LOT. Also remember that you can blow up the rockets he shoots so that they don't kill your fishies.

05-16-2003 at 06:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
missbrittany
icon Re: Re: Insaniquarium game help (0)  
Schik wrote:
Try upgrading your guns before buying too much other stuff. That can help a LOT. Also remember that you can blow up the rockets he shoots so that they don't kill your fishies.

Unfortunately, on this level, you don't get the option to upgrade your weapon, I wish I could!
Have you ever used the little purple creature? I buy him now and then, but I don't know how to use him, so he dies. Does he eat something special?

05-16-2003 at 07:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
If the purple things are what I think they are (it's been a while...) they eat Stars.

You get stars by dropping the green potion on large fish - they have to be hungry to "eat" it, and if a small/medium fish eats the potion they die. When the big ones eat it, they turn yellow and poop stars instead of coins.

When the purple thingy eats a star, it throws a diamond up for you to catch.

05-16-2003 at 07:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
mrimer
Rank Points: 5064
Wow, this sounds like a really wild game!

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
05-17-2003 at 01:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Rank Points: 5064
This is a neat game. It's almost like War/Star-craft with fish!

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
05-17-2003 at 02:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
lucretia
Rank Points: 32
You can shoot at the missiles!!! This is a very important detail that I didn't know the first time I played it.

Also, I used to always have the mother fish because she would keep all the babies in her mouth and keep them safe from the evil alien creature thing.
05-19-2003 at 04:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
missbrittany
icon Re: Re: Insaniquarium game help (0)  
lucretia wrote:

Also, I used to always have the mother fish because she would keep all the babies in her mouth and keep them safe from the evil alien creature thing.

This little hint helped me get through the level! I kept thinking it would be bad to have so many fish, because A. I couldn't feed them all, and B. because there would just be more missiles to shoot at. Apparently this alien only shoots 3 at a time, so it's a good idea to have lots of fish around in case I lose a few.
Now on to level 2-5!
what the hell is this thing? ----> :thumbsup:

05-23-2003 at 06:27 PM
Sokko
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 336
I have no idea what the heck that thing is. But IMO, PopCap has some really great games! I like Insaniquarium, but also Candy Train and PsychoBabble. And that game where you zap the sharks with typing; my sister could really use that to improve her IM skills. ;) (she types like a slug, so by the time she replies, whoever she's talking to has assumed the current topic of discussion is closed)

05-23-2003 at 09:32 PM
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Re: Re: Insaniquarium game help (0)  
missbrittany wrote:
what the hell is this thing? ----> :thumbsup:

Well, duh, it's someone who is very happy to have the lice in their hair smooshed by a licensed exterminator's thumbs. What else would it be?

Edit: when we got the new smilies this one was changed. So no, I am not insane, thank you very much.

Other obvious ones (thanks Dave Barry):

>8-O-(&) Person just realizing that he or she has a tapeworm

~oE]:-| Fisherperson heading for market with a basket on his or her head containing a three-legged octopus that is giving off smell rays

>:-[ -{9 Person who is none too pleased to be giving birth to a squirrel

Game on,

[Edited by Oneiromancer on 12-13-2003 at 12:16 AM GMT]

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
05-23-2003 at 09:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Lynz5325
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
Ok I am on level 2-3 and there is a fat alien that can't be shot...what do I do?

07-09-2003 at 02:40 AM
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1723
Feed it 'til it explodes!!! Now that's what we call boom food.

07-09-2003 at 03:41 AM
lucretia
Rank Points: 32
Shoot his missiles?

I cannot remember which alien comes when. I stopped playing that game because it wasted an entire day.
07-11-2003 at 09:16 PM
pinkdaisyangel
Hi, can anyone help? how do you get past the alien that can't be hurt by lazers. he's a fat guy that eats all the fish.

Thanks, I appreciate it!
11-12-2003 at 06:50 PM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
Feed it fish food until it explodes.

11-12-2003 at 07:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
I stopped playing Insaniquarium when I realized there's a way to guarantee victory on every single level, which makes it not much of a game. I won't say what it is though, for those who don't want to know. If you do want to know, drop me a PM or something.

11-12-2003 at 09:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
Does it really matter? It's an extremely easy game once you know how everything works - the only challenge is figuring out how to beat the various aliens.

11-12-2003 at 09:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
sugar_pepper_2000
Lynz5325 wrote:
Ok I am on level 2-3 and there is a fat alien that can't be shot...what do I do?

Well you could feed it till it explodes O.K.
11-18-2003 at 01:59 AM
Lady_Jess
icon How to get past level 2-4 (0)  
I found a good way to get past 2-4. What you want to do is concentrate on keeping only one fish. This way, when the Robot comes to attack it, there's only one missile to concentrate on. Try keeping the robot in one corner, away from the fish. That way, the missile has a longer way to go to make contact. Try to hit the missile before it gets to your fish (obviously.)

Before long, your fish will turn blue and drop diamonds, because he's the only one in your tank, and therefore he gets fed the most. That'll be really helpful in making money, since you only have one fish.

Another thing you'll want to do is increase your laser power ASAP. Try to get it as high as it'll go, because then it'll be 10 times easier to kill the robot and fight for your fish. Should the fish and the robot be too close together, go ahead and grab a guppy, so that if you don't get to the missile in time, you still have one fish left. Always keep some money handy for those kinds of emergencies.

As far as "pets" go, the best ones for this round are Meryl the Mermaid, Niko the Oyster, and Vert the Skeleton, if you have them. All three of them are good for getting you more money. Especially Vert, since he drops gold coins and doesn't need to be fed.

Although this round takes a long time to get through using this method, it's the best I've come up with so far. Good luck!! ;)

03-13-2004 at 06:22 PM
Lady_Jess
icon No fair!! (0)  
Awwww, it's not fair! I beat the game and now there's nothing to look forward to, lol. I guess I'll wait for the deluxe version.
03-13-2004 at 08:22 PM
hunny_b
I beet the game :thumbsup woho :thumbsup but i cant seem to beet it agen :thumbsdown your friend hunny_b :)

03-14-2004 at 06:36 PM
tut24
icon insaniquarium level 3 alien (0)  
how do you kill the octopus alien. I cant feed it and when i shoot it it gives a message that says stop shooting, the shooting causes the alien to re-energize.

HELP! I love this game ,but i am stuck on this level. My pets wont kill it either......
09-30-2004 at 10:38 PM
joker5
Rank Points: 607
icon Re: insaniquarium level 3 alien (0)  
0.o You just wait for it to turn red again then blast it into calimari.

~joker5

www.badgerbadgerbadger.com

"Two words: Beam Waffle!" -me
10-01-2004 at 12:46 AM
weefabian
icon insaniquarium (0)  
OK - I've finished challenge mode tanks 1, 2, & 3. I believe it now is supposed to unlock stories. I only have 3 stories. One challange tank left, but there are like 33 stories - when do all the other stories get unlocked? Also - I keep hearing about bringing 4 pets to tank 4. I only have the ability to bring 3 - how do I get to bring 4? Believe me I need all the help I can get on that d**n 4th tank. Been playing for days - still can't beat the d**n thing. Thanks All.

[Edited by mrimer at Local Time:10-14-2004 at 09:35 PM]
10-14-2004 at 08:30 PM
cozy
Can someone please tell me how to get past the last adventure mode called final boss, i am having a tough time with it, any help would be most appreciated, thanks!
11-01-2004 at 07:44 AM
DiMono
Why did neopets.com try to set a cookie when I visited this thread? Is there something about Insaniquarium we're not being told?

11-01-2004 at 12:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
DiMono wrote:
Why did neopets.com try to set a cookie when I visited this thread? Is there something about Insaniquarium we're not being told?
No, it's because hunny_b up there had her avatar set to http://www.neopets.com.

11-01-2004 at 01:17 PM
DiMono
Wow, you can do that? Um... should you be able to?

11-02-2004 at 02:13 AM
Zmann
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 241
DiMono wrote:
Wow, you can do that? Um... should you be able to?
/me has some very devious ideas. :devil
11-02-2004 at 02:46 AM

Level: Guest
Rank Points: 0
Buy a REGULAR guppy from the virtual tank and name it santa. It will drop bags of shells and play Christmas music. It also grows really really fast. In the virtual tank, keep Zorf, Clyde and Seymour in order to make money during screensaver mode. :D :D
12-15-2004 at 01:45 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Edit/Delete | Quote Reply
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Insaniquarium game help
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes