Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Scorepoint issues in "Break Out of Jail"
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
mxvladi
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2505
IP: Logged
icon Scorepoint issues in "Break Out of Jail" (+2)  
Just completed "Break out of Jail", and there seem to be issues with some of scorepoints there (or my scores for those scorepoints):

1. For "Cell Keeper Beaten" and "The Keeper Denied" scorepoints, my score got lowered by about 1000 after getting verified. I've tried to reupload them, but it didn't help. Got absolutely no idea why that would happen. Odd thing is that my stats in both of those scorepoints become absolutely the same (and way lower than they actually are at that point) after verification.

2. My score got rejected for both "Alternative Ending" and "Item Swap Complete" scorepoints (for the latter, there are *no* scores, so apparently I'm not the only one whose score was rejected there). I'll note that to get both of these scores I needed to use pickaxe to break a wall in one square and traverse through there, so maybe my scores were invalidated because of that?

Oh, and by the way: even though "RPG Test" (or whatever it was called) was removed, people's scores for it still seem to remain. I guess they shouldn't?

[Last edited by mxvladi at 07-13-2013 01:58 AM]
07-13-2013 at 01:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Watcher
Rank Points: 902
icon Re: Scorepoint issues in "Break Out of Jail" (+1)  
Something is very wrong with the server's handling of some of the scorepoints. Of the nine people who have uploaded scores for "The Keeper Denied", eight have registered the exact same stats as they had at "Cell Keeper Beaten"; Lamkin is the only exception. Further, seven of these nine people (including Lamkin, but excluding mxvladi and pawjlf) have the same stats on "The Keeper Denied" and "Knight Shield". Looking at my local saves, the stats appear to correct for "Knight Shield", the earliest of the scorepoints.

Curiously, this problem appears to be tied to specific scorepoints, not to replay issues. My score for "The Keeper Denied" hasn't been registered correctly, as noted above, but my score for "Superior Slayer Slain", which according to my autosave times was made literally five minutes later in the same playthrough, is completely fine.

With respect to "Item Swap Complete" and "Alternative Ending", there might well be some issue with the pickaxe. It's worth noting that my score for "Alternative Ending", which has not been rejected, was obtained without using the pickaxe. (I used the speed potion to outrun the script that's intended to trap you in the middle of the second to last room.) The only other accepted score for "Alternative Ending" belongs to Trickster; looking at our stats, it's quite possible she did the same thing.

07-15-2013 at 11:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Lamkin
Rank Points: 606
I mentioned similar issues here:
http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=31196&page=0#307757

I've copied and pasted the post below to make it easier:

I've found three problems involving score points for this particular hold:

1. Three out of four score points (one I haven't reached yet) in Imperial Defense don't show up at all on the high scores page after they've been reached (though they do show up on the restore screen). I've already mentioned this one to Schik.

2. One score checkpoint, "Cell Keeper Beaten!" in Cell Block A, won't resubmit a score to the high scores page...meaning there was an initial score up there on the page for me, but since then I'd optimized for a better score, yet it won't show up. It's possible that this is happening with other score points as well, but I'm not entirely certain.

07-15-2013 at 09:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
12th Archivist
Rank Points: 789
Schik mentioned in chat that "looking at the spider, it fails at importing the demos", and that "I assume it's a server issue, but I haven't checked into it yet."

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
07-15-2013 at 09:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
icon Re: Scorepoint issues in "Break Out of Jail" (0)  
The duplicated scores in Break out of Jail mentioned in Watcher's post are gone after the recent re-verification of scores.

Also, there are accepted scores for "Alternate Ending" and "Item Swap Complete" scorepoints. According to the above posts mxvladi and Trickster used to have scores for these that don't show up, but it's probably to be expected that not all old scores will make it.

Looks like this can be marked as fixed.
10-28-2020 at 08:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Rank Points: 2668
No, there is still a problem for Alternate Ending, my scores seem to have never verified for that scorepoint. It has always had some scores, but seems to reject most.

I dont have any saves for this hold anymore, but I'll try to play all the way through again over the next couple of days to see if playing in the current version results in an accepted submission. If not, I'll then also have some saves that can be used to debug.
10-28-2020 at 09:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
I just re-ran all previously deleted scores for Alternate Ending, and ValidateSavedGame() failed for all of them. I don't know if they were recorded with an older version of RPG and rules changed, or if they were from an older version of the hold, or what. A tool to watch a replay of a scorepoint would be cool. But for now, a fresh replay would be great to verify that everything is currently working.

10-28-2020 at 04:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Rank Points: 2668
icon Re: Scorepoint issues in "Break Out of Jail" (+5)  
So it turns out to be much faster to playthrough to the scorepoint than I anticipated.

I used the latest available alpha (2020-10-16) to try and make sure the demo came from a version as close as possible in behaviour to the spider.

It has verified this new run successfully.

I guess that's that then. Not sure why the old scores don't work, but the new one works fine.
10-28-2020 at 11:31 PM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: Scorepoint issues in "Break Out of Jail" (0)  
Marking this issue as "fix verified".

Feel free to reopen if something here is still outstanding.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
11-10-2020 at 07:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Scorepoint issues in "Break Out of Jail"
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com