Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Illumination : DROD Summer Dream Bundle
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
IP: Logged
icon DROD Summer Dream Bundle (+1)  
If you're signed up for the Caravel mailing list in hopes of receiving a sweet deal on DROD games, you're in luck!

Pay what you want bundle

For the next couple of days, you can buy all of the classic DROD games in the "Indie Gala - Summer Dream" bundle. Pay what you want to get DRM-free copies of "King Dugan's Dungeon" and "Journey to Rooted Hold"! If you pay above the average, you will get a Desura key for "DROD: The City Beneath" and "DROD: Gunthro and the Epic Blunder".

Caravel gets a relatively small percentage of gross sales, and I'm not expecting that to amount to much, but I'm also excited about this bundle for two other reasons:

1. We can get the word out about DROD. Free advertising!

2. Fans who have been holding out for a deal can now snag some serious DROD goodness. (The first one's always free, right?)

If you're at all interested in this bundle, you shouldn't delay, because it will be gone soon:

http://indiegala.com/summerdream

Official Caravel Forum Contest: Completely Intended Solutions

If you've ever architected a hold, you might know about those pesky "unintended solutions" that can creep into your puzzle designs. Players find a way to solve your room, either in a trivial way, or through some method completely different than you intended. Well, this contest is not about those, but rather about puzzles where you completely intend to enable the player to solve a room in multiple ways. You might set up puzzle elements that can be used in different ways to clear the room, or simply have different sets of elements that can be used separate from others to solve the room in different ways. There are other custom routes you could take too -- be creative! Contest submissions are now open through July 7. Submit the most enjoyable room and win a prize!

http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=35673

DROD: The Second Sky

"The Second Sky" is about two-thirds complete now, and we're quite excited about what's in store. We're wrapping up the creation of new content and now starting to tie everything together. Some fans have requested not being spoiled about what's going into the new game, and we'd like to be respectful of their personal wishes. Notwithstanding, we'll be working on showing off some more new content before too long for those who either don't want to wait or think it's a brilliant idea for Caravel to do some pre-release PR. We expect to be able to show off some more goodies by the end of summer, and some time after that, we'll be letting fans audition for some voice acting parts in the game. Stay tuned. Till then...

Happy DRODing, everyone!

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 07-06-2013 09:03 PM]
07-01-2013 at 05:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
icon Re: DROD Summer Dream Bundle (+2)  
URL fix for the DROD bundle: http://www.indiegala.com/summerdream#.UdGzx_mgVYU

07-01-2013 at 05:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Bombadil
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 509
icon Re: DROD Summer Dream Bundle (0)  

Do people who beat the average get DRM-free copies (non-Desura) of GatEB and TCB?

I am thinking of buying some copies for non-convert friends but they don't use Desura...
07-01-2013 at 09:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Bombadil wrote:

Do people who beat the average get DRM-free copies (non-Desura) of GatEB and TCB?
Unfortunately, no.

07-01-2013 at 09:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Godot23
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 114
How do individuals express interest for auditioning for voice acting parts? Or is it just open to the public when the time comes?

My house is on fire
07-01-2013 at 10:45 PM
mrimer
Godot23 wrote:
How do individuals express interest for auditioning for voice acting parts? Or is it just open to the public when the time comes?
Yeah, we'll post an announcement about it on the forum when the time comes. We've done this for previous major releases, so you can do a forum search for auditions if you'd like to review how we handled it in the past.

07-01-2013 at 11:24 PM
Godot23
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 114
mrimer wrote:
Godot23 wrote:
Yeah, we'll post an announcement about it on the forum when the time comes. We've done this for previous major releases, so you can do a forum search for auditions if you'd like to review how we handled it in the past.
Ok thanks! Maybe I will do a Beethro rendition of "don't name your sword"... wait...TSS is going to be completely operatic, right? :P

My house is on fire
07-01-2013 at 11:38 PM
mrimer
icon Re: DROD Summer Dream Bundle (+1)  
Hey, Snacko? You heard it here first. :P

07-02-2013 at 01:46 AM
Snacko
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 448
I just assumed. That's that's what makes it a finale, right?

07-03-2013 at 06:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Illumination : DROD Summer Dream Bundle
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com