Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Advanced Concepts 2 : Giants : 1 South, 2 East (I just hate giants)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Kyp
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 33
IP: Logged
icon Advanced Concepts 2 : Giants : 1 South, 2 East (0)  
Hello,

Well, I guess it's time for me to start using this section of the forum. Guess the first time is the hardest.

I had hoped completing Beethro's Teacher would be kind of a garanty I'd never have to ask for help. :P

Well I was wrong, and obviously for an easy room since nobody ever had to ask for it before.

Here's my problem : I just don't have the slightest idea what I'm supposed to do in this room.

At first glance (and even after 1000 glances really), it seems obvious I should arrange the giants in a vertical line.
But :
1 - after so many trials my sanity is beginning to leave by the back door, I never could put more than three giants vertically which isn't enough.
2 - the scrolls up there seem to try to tell me I should keep the giants in a horizonal line. I just can't understand how this could help me. They also tell me the orthosquares are here to make it easier (sorry, "tom make it easier"). Again I'm at a loss. For what I can see they're more hindering me than helping me. Plus it's very, and I mean really really very, easy to keep the giants in line.

I feel like I don't understand a thing to rock giants, which at the end of a big tutorial about them is incredibly infuriating.
Actually it's made even more worse by the fact that the other two challenge rooms were stupidly easy compared to this madness of a room. (except that I solved Giants : twice east in a completely different way than what the hint scrolls said I should have done and this isn't helping me thinking I got the hang with giants).

Sorry about that long post. I had to vent a bit. :D
06-30-2013 at 03:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
disoriented
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2387
icon Re: Advanced Concepts 2 : Giants : 1 South, 2 East (0)  
It's ok to
Click here to view the secret text

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
06-30-2013 at 06:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kyp
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 33
icon Re: Advanced Concepts 2 : Giants : 1 South, 2 East (0)  
disoriented wrote:
It's ok to
Click here to view the secret text

Hmm. Okay, let's see about that.

EDIT :
Well, guess what. It worked. Thanks to you.
Even knowing the trick, it was still difficult.

Moving on to the harder version then... :?

[Last edited by Kyp at 06-30-2013 07:45 PM]
06-30-2013 at 06:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Advanced Concepts 2 : Giants : 1 South, 2 East (I just hate giants)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com