Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Bavato's Dungeon L4 1N1E
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
yarnexpress
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 24
IP: Logged
icon Bavato's Dungeon L4 1N1E (0)  

Whatta Level! My nightmare manuevering wws. I need a hint for getting the snakes around 1. Also verification of my strategy for this room.: I've allowed the 2 "free" wraithwings to survive. I need them to get the eyes & possibly the goblins. I've parked one at 2.

My problem with the 3 snakes around 1 is I can't manuever the ww anywhere in this area to force an entry into the 1st snakepit. I tried "driving" the ww but was unsuccessful because of the lower left ww. Leading, for me, doesn't work. I think I need to get the ww in the goblin chamber somewhere beyond the point of influencing the ww I'm dealing with. (so I can drive it to the snakepit). However, I can't figure out how to do this. Is this correct? If so a hint please, if not please correct my strategy.

Thanks!

08-22-2004 at 11:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Stefan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2119
icon Re: Bavato's Dungeon L4 1N1E (+1)  
yarnexpress wrote:
Whatta Level! My nightmare manuevering wws.
Wraithwings can sometimes be very difficult to maneuver (they are quite devilish in 2E), but they are still my favourite monster type in DROD. :)
Also verification of my strategy for this room.: I've allowed the 2 "free" wraithwings to survive. I need them to get the eyes & possibly the goblins. I've parked one at 2.
Click here to view the secret text

Edit:

My problem with the 3 snakes around 1 is I can't manuever the ww anywhere in this area to force an entry into the 1st snakepit. I tried "driving" the ww but was unsuccessful because of the lower left ww. Leading, for me, doesn't work. I think I need to get the ww in the goblin chamber somewhere beyond the point of influencing the ww I'm dealing with. (so I can drive it to the snakepit). However, I can't figure out how to do this. Is this correct? If so a hint please, if not please correct my strategy.
I did it by

[Edited by Stefan on 08-23-2004 at 12:23 AM GMT: tried the eyes with two wraithwings]

08-23-2004 at 01:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
yarnexpress
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 24
icon Re: Bavato's Dungeon L4 1N1E (0)  
Thanks for the big hint Stefan. Wraithwings are your favorite monsters. You must love challenges. No doubt if I could control them better, I would like them more.

Kudos to the builder of this hold. Everytime I conquer a room, I'm elated. I'm no DROD expert but I'm enjoying this hold immensely, thanks to help from the forum.
08-23-2004 at 01:31 AM
deftriver
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 75
I'm at the eye part and totally confused.
05-03-2011 at 04:04 AM
mxvladi
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2505
icon Re: Bavato's Dungeon L4 1N1E (+1)  

05-03-2011 at 05:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
deftriver
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 75
mxvladi wrote:

Yeah, I just got it, H&S board strikes again.

Thanks!
05-03-2011 at 02:07 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Bavato's Dungeon L4 1N1E
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes