Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Tourist Voting (Which destination most appeals to you?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Which destination most appeals to you?
Oyst PollPollPoll 1 3.85%
Daskeros PollPollPoll 11 42.31%
Fulce PollPollPoll 14 53.85%

What's your second favourite?
Oyst PollPollPoll 8 30.77%
Daskeros PollPollPoll 10 38.46%
Fulce PollPollPoll 8 30.77%

And then?
Oyst PollPollPoll 17 65.38%
Daskeros PollPollPoll 5 19.23%
Fulce PollPollPoll 4 15.38%
Total Votes 29 100%
Poster Message
Mattcrampy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2388
IP: Logged
icon Tourist Voting (0)  
So, the sumbissions are in, and now it's time to vote. Make sure you answer all three questions, as you have to answer all of them at the same time.

You may use whatever criteria you like to judge these entries - merit, technical excellence, writing style, the appeal of each destination. Merit's probably the best one, though.

Participants are required to vote for their own entry as the 'best'. No modesty here, people.

I'll count a vote as the 'best' as three points, 'second best' as two and 'third best' as one. Whoever has the most points wins, and gets the prizes. As we've only got the three entries, this means each participant will get at least 50 rank points.

Good luck, and thanks to everyone who entered!

Matt

08-22-2004 at 05:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mattcrampy

File: Oyst.zip (155.9 KB)
Downloaded 102 times.
License: Other
icon Re: Tourist Voting (0)  
Here's Oyst.

Matt

08-22-2004 at 05:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mattcrampy

File: Daskeros.zip (508.5 KB)
Downloaded 117 times.
Here's Daskeros.

Matt

08-22-2004 at 05:56 AM
Mattcrampy

File: Fulce.zip (895 KB)
Downloaded 89 times.
And here's Fulce.

Matt

08-22-2004 at 06:03 AM
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
Oh no! It looks like it's gonna be a tie! And those are always more work to sort out. If you haven't voted yet for your favorite entry, please have a look at these and cast away. I make it sound like some tedious duty, but actually, I think you'll enjoy them. I definitely did.

My apologies to the real contest-runner, Matt, for butting in. You see, I was trying to figure out when I could announce my contest for September, and I'm just jumping over myself in anticipation. But if there is a tie, then I have to wait that much longer for runoff votes and recounts and court decisions and whatnot.

-Erik

08-31-2004 at 06:30 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
Don't worry Erik, we'll just do it by hand count, like in Florida. That went off without any kind of hitch at all!

08-31-2004 at 07:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Well, that's understandable. The ballot is confusing.

But yes, someone needs to get lots of points, and you get to decide, so vote, vote, vote like you haven't voted before! Especially if you haven't voted before.

Matt

09-02-2004 at 09:31 AM
masonjason
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 349
For those of you who aren't bothering to total up the points, the contest, as of now, is still a draw between Daskeros and Fulce.

09-02-2004 at 02:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Hmm. I should have expected a tie.

Okay, here's what we'll do. If it's a tie, the entry with the most votes for first will win. I don't want the competition to drag on and on.

Matt

09-03-2004 at 09:25 AM
masonjason
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 349
Ah, but it's not a tie anymore, although I have a little worry about the voting system.

09-03-2004 at 10:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Final scores!

In third was the Oyst tour, cunningly and carefully assembled by sebhaque. If you were going to go to Oyst, I'm sure that's what you'd see. 50 points, Seb!

In second, the Daskeros poster and subsequent censoring. This clever and witty entry gets the big ol' "75 points" stamp of approval. Thank masonjason for this one.

But in first place, by fair or foul, we have the authoritative guide to Fulce, packed full of details. 100 points and something from the DROD store (or, indeed, Journey to Rooted Hold, when we're done making it) goes to gamer_extreme_101! Although I'm sure he already has one. In that case, he can have a poster as well.

I learnt a lot from doing this contest - I now know what Erik goes through every month, and I assure you that next time hopefully we'll get a whole bunch of people participating.

Matt

09-07-2004 at 01:34 PM
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
Wow....I finally won a contest!!! :hooray

Now these are the kind of contests that I like! Thank you very much Matt for running this contest and everyone else who voted for me. All of the entries were well written and were very good. I especially enjoyed MasonJason's comment "Finally, Daskeran coffee is intolerable. Avoid it at all costs" made me laugh for days.

The voting was indeed a extremly close horse race between me and MasonJason. For the most part, each of us only had 1 point lead on the other. That finally changed when there was about 2 days left and I had a 4 point lead. No one voted after that, so that might have been the problem.

Anyways, I thank you all. And if you don't mind Matt, I'm gonna get me a copy of JtRH. I'll buy myself a poster or a mug later...

Thanks again!

09-07-2004 at 02:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
HSE
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 162
Well done, both of you. I have absolutely no hard feelings, the only thing I can say is, keep up the good work, and I hope to see you participating in more contests (and winning them too)! Kudos to you all! :thumbsup
-Seb
09-07-2004 at 06:52 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Tourist Voting (Which destination most appeals to you?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com