Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Queries about an order (Having trouble contacting support via email)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
s0792554
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 14
IP: Logged
icon Queries about an order (0)  
Hi Caravelites,

On about the 12th August I ordered the CD versions of KDD, TDB and JtRH from the links on the main site. I have a few points to raise.

Firstly, I'm a little worried that the CDs haven't arrived by now, since it's been well over a month. I'm located in the UK, and I assume the CDs are distributed from the USA judging by the domain suffix, so that could account for a fair delay in my receiving the CDs, but I've made other unrelated order from US stores weeks after the 12th and yet already received the items with normal international shipping rates! So I might guess that something has gone wrong with the order, though I don't know for sure.

Secondly, though not entirely unrelated, might the package from Caravel have some kind of tracking number I could use to trace the progress of the CDs?

Thirdly, I received 3 emails about my orders from the orders address at Caravel, one for each of KDD, TCB and JtRH. They were each supposed to contain a download link for the relevant game, and indeed the emails regarding TCB and JtRH did contain such a link. However, the download link seemed to be absent from the KDD email, so I wasn't able to download it at all.

Perhaps the download link was to be included in the licensing information that the KDD email said I should receive within 48 hours of the email's transmission (so before the 15th Aug), but the licensing information was never sent to me, as far as I can tell. I really don't think I would have deleted it by mistake, and the only email after this I got concerning DROD was a message from Plimus which was a purchase reminder.

I wonder if it might be possible for me to be sent a download link to KDD and the licensing information that I didn't receive?

Anyway, I didn't want to sign up on the forums just to make this query, but my attempts to contact Caravel staff via the orders and support addresses appear to have been in vain, since I've been waiting for at least a couple of weeks now without receiving a reply from either of those accounts. No doubt the accounts were down, or my own account was filtering messages or something of the sort :/ . So I've resorted to the forums and hope I can finally get an answer regarding my queries.

Anyway, I'm sorry for the length of this missive, and for my repeated frantic emails if they were ever received, and I hope somebody can help me.
09-24-2012 at 11:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Maurog
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1501
icon Re: Queries about an order (+2)  
If your forum account is linked to the email that you used when ordering, try going to the Downloads link on the very top ^ it should contain all the games you own.

Also, try searching your email for something titled "Plimus CD(s) Shipment Notification", did you get one? That's when they send you the CDs, I got that email some two weeks after getting the Order Information email I believe.

Then two weeks after that, they send you a "Plimus CD(s) Delivery Confirmation" where they say they believe you've got the CDs by now, and give you a link to complain if you haven't.

[Last edited by Maurog at 09-24-2012 11:40 PM]
09-24-2012 at 11:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
s0792554
icon Re: Queries about an order (0)  
Maurog wrote:
If your forum account is linked to the email that you used when ordering, try going to the Downloads link on the very top ^ it should contain all the games you own.

Also, try searching your email for something titled "Plimus CD(s) Shipment Notification", did you get one? That's when they send you the CDs, I got that email some two weeks after ordering I believe.

I don't believe I ever did receive a shipment notification. So maybe the CDs were never shipped in the first place? That would certainly explain why they've yet to reach me.

I followed your advice regarding the Downloads link, and I was able to activate KDD, and I now have the download links for it, so thanks very much for that.

EDIT: So if my CDs were never actually dispatched, who do I need to contact to get Plimus to dispatch them?

[Last edited by s0792554 at 09-25-2012 11:14 AM]
09-24-2012 at 11:40 PM
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
icon Re: Queries about an order (+1)  
Sorry for the lack of response - I'm the guy on support, and I've ended up being busy for the past two/three weeks and haven't caught up on support emails yet.

Sending out an email to you shortly - have a couple of questions in regards to your email. You should hear from me shortly!

09-26-2012 at 06:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
s0792554
icon Re: Queries about an order (+1)  
gamer_extreme_101 wrote:
Sorry for the lack of response - I'm the guy on support, and I've ended up being busy for the past two/three weeks and haven't caught up on support emails yet.

Sending out an email to you shortly - have a couple of questions in regards to your email. You should hear from me shortly!

Ah, yes, as you might have noticed, I attempted to message you on your personal site (which was linked to in the profile of your Caravel account) in addition to the emails to the Caravel addresses I mentioned.

The delay was no particular hassle, since I've had access to the downloadable versions of JtRH and TCB for some time, and thanks to Maurog I was able to get access to KDD, but it would be nice to get things resolved all the same.

Anyway, I'm happy to hear back from someone on the support team, and I'll look forward to hearing from you.
09-26-2012 at 07:53 PM
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
icon Re: Queries about an order (0)  
Hmmm, need to check my contact form on the site. Apparently it never got to me there. Hmmmm....

Well, I sent you an email, and I'll hang out in CaravelNet chat for a couple of hours this afternoon if you want to contact me directly in case you had any other questions.

09-26-2012 at 08:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
s0792554
icon Re: Queries about an order (+2)  
gamer_extreme_101 wrote:
Hmmm, need to check my contact form on the site. Apparently it never got to me there. Hmmmm....

Well, I sent you an email, and I'll hang out in CaravelNet chat for a couple of hours this afternoon if you want to contact me directly in case you had any other questions.

I got the email.

I don't think I have any other points that need clarifying right now. Thanks very much for your help.
09-26-2012 at 11:14 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Queries about an order (Having trouble contacting support via email)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com