Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : RCC#1 Collective Hold
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
gamer_extreme_101
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1939
IP: Logged

File: RCC1 Constant Room Templates.hold (19.3 KB)
Downloaded 69 times.
License: Other
icon RCC#1 Collective Hold (0)  
If you were to wander into the Challenges, you would find the Room Construction challenge that I issued. I won't give the details, simply because you can find it there if you need to.

The point of this hold is to combine all of them together into a nice, handy hold. It will be a work in progress for awhile as new holds are added. Just please let me iterate that this thread is for COLLECTIVE HOLD TESTING PURPOSES ONLY!!!(And thus the actual holds in it as well. The names of each hold are listed outside the orb for easy remembering) If you want to submit a hold for the challenge, please post it there. I will then add it to the compilation hold when I get the chance.

The odds of this hold actually making it to the Holds section will be low, but it still may happen. I would just need at least 1 extension for each direction.

-Patrick

[Edited by gamer_extreme_101 on 08-22-2004 at 04:39 PM GMT]

08-21-2004 at 02:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
icon Re: RCC#1 Collective Hold (0)  
Patrick,

I think you have used an old version from Brian's hold.

Regards, Tim

08-21-2004 at 02:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Argh. This is a prime example of what happens when you have 4 different installs of DROD and you edit on all of them. The update should fix them. If it doesn't, I will cry...

-Patrick

08-21-2004 at 03:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
Click here to view the secret text

08-21-2004 at 06:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
It's also impossible to return after initially going down the west path.

08-21-2004 at 06:24 AM
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
You can't enter Brian's hold because there's a wall in first room that blocks you from entering it.

You could also remove the scroll in Repetition last room :)
08-21-2004 at 07:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
brian_s
Rank Points: 587
icon Re: RCC#1 Collective Hold (+1)  
I fixed a few problems in the rooms featuring my hold to allow backtracking. The modified hold is attached.
08-21-2004 at 03:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
brian_s
Rank Points: 587

File: RCC1 Constant Room Templates Edit.hold (18.9 KB)
Downloaded 62 times.
License: Other
Sorry, attached wrong hold. Here is the correct one.

[Edited by brian_s on 08-21-2004 at 02:35 PM GMT]
08-21-2004 at 03:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Okay...I fixed up the hold and made sure backtracking was possible/fixed all problems that were mentioned. I'm currently in the process of making a South extension, so I may not be as responsive for fixes.

-Patrick

08-22-2004 at 05:37 PM
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
TScott's hold "Impossible Cubes" which you can grab from the holds section has a recurring layout set of rooms in 1E, 1E1N, 1E2N.

08-22-2004 at 06:14 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : RCC#1 Collective Hold
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com