Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Flash DROD Hints and Solutions : King Dugan's Dungeon Lite 1 : Fourth Level : 2 North
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
LemGambino
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15
IP: Logged
icon King Dugan's Dungeon Lite 1 : Fourth Level : 2 North (0)  
I get the gist of what this room is like, you need to use the roaches as a stopping block for the mimic, so you can get it across the room and kill all the monsters. However, I'm not entirely sure on the order I should kill the monsters, if I kill the roach queens I won't have enough roaches to move around the little area I'm in, but it seems I'm supposed to kill all the eyes on the far right last. Am I missing something here?
06-22-2012 at 12:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon Lite 1 : Fourth Level : 2 North (0)  
Click here to view the secret text

06-22-2012 at 01:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
LemGambino
I figured it out...Almost. You have to leave a roach or two alive to help push you, but the two right queens are giving me troubles.

I can get as far as the square to the lower-left of the far right roach queen, but then I can't use the one roach there to push forward to the four eyes on the right (it moves back when I have to take a step back). I even got some roaches to stack up a bit to push me towards the eyes, but I STILL end up with that one roach out of the mimic's reach, and it's really annoying. :/
06-22-2012 at 01:50 AM
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon Lite 1 : Fourth Level : 2 North (+1)  
Yes, that last step was pretty tricky.

06-22-2012 at 01:57 AM
LemGambino
TripleM wrote:
Yes, that last step was pretty tricky.

Problem with that is once the roach egg hatches, you have a roach to deal with unless you kill it right away, which isn't always possible...I'll keep fiddling with it tho.

The lite games need Demo support. :<

EDIT: I got it! It's all in the eggs!...And the roaches. :P Thanks for the advice, TripleM!
:thumbsup

[Last edited by LemGambino at 06-22-2012 02:08 AM]
06-22-2012 at 02:03 AM
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon Lite 1 : Fourth Level : 2 North (+1)  
LemGambino wrote: Problem with that is once the roach egg hatches, you have a roach to deal with unless you kill it right away, which isn't always possible...<

06-22-2012 at 02:05 AM
LemGambino
TripleM wrote:
LemGambino wrote: Problem with that is once the roach egg hatches, you have a roach to deal with unless you kill it right away, which isn't always possible...<

Thanks, I JUST figured it out seconds ago, haha.
06-22-2012 at 02:09 AM
ThemePark
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon Lite 1 : Fourth Level : 2 North (+2)  
So I read the posts from 8 years ago, read the hints, even found a walkthrough on jayisgames. Unfortunately nothing has helped me figure out this level. I then contacted support and was ensured that I could necro this thread. So here I am.

My situation is exactly like it's been stated previously in the thread. I can easily kill off all eyes and queens, but my mimic always ends up on the right side, with a few roaches left to kill and a gap between them, so I can never get next to them as they flee from my main avatar.

At most I can move the mimic underneath the rightmost queen, but no roaches then spawn on the right side, so I don't get any roaches that can help me move left.

I have even tried finding a Youtube walkthrough of that level, but to no avail. I am at my wits end, and hope someone will just put me out of my misery and just straight out spoil how to complete that level, because after hours of staring at the level and moving about, I just can't figure it out. :(
11-08-2020 at 12:33 AM
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4569
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon Lite 1 : Fourth Level : 2 North (+3)  
You are correct that after using an egg from the eastmost queen to move all the way to the last eye, you can't gain any leverage to move back to the west. You can, however, still reach the queen after killing the eyes.

Therefore:

11-08-2020 at 07:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
ThemePark
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon Lite 1 : Fourth Level : 2 North (+3)  
Nuntar wrote:
You are correct that after using an egg from the eastmost queen to move all the way to the last eye, you can't gain any leverage to move back to the west. You can, however, still reach the queen after killing the eyes.

Therefore:

THANK YOU! It took me a bit to again figure out how to get beneath the rightmost queen, but once I did it was easy to kill that and the last eggs. That's a big weight off my shoulders.
11-08-2020 at 08:42 AM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Flash DROD Hints and Solutions : King Dugan's Dungeon Lite 1 : Fourth Level : 2 North
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com