Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : FDROD: Show achievements available in a given room
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
12th Archivist
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 789
IP: Logged
icon FDROD: Show achievements available in a given room (0)  
There are some rooms with room-specific achievements, but in order to confirm this, the player would have to search through the Achievement list and look at each achievement's requirements to see which one was for a room. It would be nice if there was a button on the screen somewhere that would list the achievements for that room when pressed.

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
06-19-2012 at 09:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3757
icon Re: FDROD: Show achievements available in a given room (+1)  
Just for reference, I will make it that all achievements which are active in a current room will have a small icon or border added in the Achievements list window.

06-19-2012 at 09:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1980
icon Re: FDROD: Show achievements available in a given room (0)  
skell wrote:
Just for reference, I will make it that all achievements which are active in a current room will have a small icon or border added in the Achievements list window.
But this is problematic, since for some achievements the puzzle might be to determine in which room the achievement can be unlocked. Like for example, a room in which you need to kill all evil eyes without waking any.

06-19-2012 at 10:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jacob
Rank Points: 3749
I agree. I think therefore that this should only be the case for achievements that refer to a specific room.

06-19-2012 at 10:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
icon Re: FDROD: Show achievements available in a given room (+1)  
Achievements like "Kill all eyes without waking any" are active in any room with eyes in there. "Clear all tar in any room in level 8" is active in any room with tar on eighth floor.

What I mean by active - when you enter a room, all achievements are looked through and are checked if they should be even considered for checking in given room. If this function returns true (each achievement has its own starter function) the ach. is marked as active.

06-20-2012 at 07:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
asmussen
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 188
skell wrote:
Achievements like "Kill all eyes without waking any" are active in any room with eyes in there. "Clear all tar in any room in level 8" is active in any room with tar on eighth floor.

What I mean by active - when you enter a room, all achievements are looked through and are checked if they should be even considered for checking in given room. If this function returns true (each achievement has its own starter function) the ach. is marked as active.

On the other hand, not all rooms with eyes might be solvable without waking any. If an achievement is lit up on a room where it's not possible to complete, it might give some players the impression that the achievement is supposed to be doable in that particular room, and they might get frustrated trying to figure out how to accomplish it, which could be an argument for only doing this when the achievement specifically refers to a particular room.

06-20-2012 at 08:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
skell
asmussen wrote:
which could be an argument for only doing this when the achievement specifically refers to a particular room.
Which is not possible and will surely not be done. There will be an explanation to the icon "(!) - achievement is active in this room! It means that it can be achieved in this room, that this room is part of the achievement, or it's just a candidate but you can't get it here" or so.

06-20-2012 at 09:05 AM
skell
icon Re: FDROD: Show achievements available in a given room (+3)  
And done for new version.

06-24-2012 at 06:28 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : FDROD: Show achievements available in a given room
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com