Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Level 13 (Bleh...)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
YtterbiJum
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 29
IP: Logged
icon Level 13 (0)  
I probably should've taken the level 12 shortcut past this level, but I wanted to beat every level. That was before I knew it was a huge, twisted, incredibly hard maze. And I'm horrible at mazes. :(

I managed to get the roach on my own, but I can't get to the exit. So I consulted the Room Help and saw this:

Click here to view the secret text

Problem: It's impossible to get to Once North from the beginning while traveling the path with the gates. It is possible to get to Once North, but not in the manner this little sniplet seems to suggest.

So, can anyone here help me? I'm just a hopeless maze-challenged guy who's confused by the instructions.

P.S. If anyone has a complete map of this level, could I see it? It would help enormously.

08-15-2004 at 08:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
agaricus5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1838
icon Re: Level 13 (0)  
YtterbiJum wrote:
I managed to get the roach on my own, but I can't get to the exit. So I consulted the Room Help and saw this:

Problem: It's impossible to get to Once North from the beginning while traveling the path with the gates. It is possible to get to Once North, but not in the manner this little sniplet seems to suggest.

So, can anyone here help me? I'm just a hopeless maze-challenged guy who's confused by the instructions.

Oh. That's a problem caused by misinterpretation of the sentence's grammar.

What it should have meant is:

P.S. If anyone has a complete map of this level, could I see it? It would help enormously.

I think cchittleborough has one. You could ask him for it, but don't post it here, since it spoils L13 quite a lot.

08-15-2004 at 08:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
YtterbiJum
Hmm. That still doesn't work, or maybe I'm thinking about this wrong.

And I was also wondering: Why doesn't the left-hand rule work? It's worked in every other maze I've ever seen.

08-16-2004 at 03:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
YtterbiJum
Never mind. I beat Level 13 using, of all things:

Tsk, tsk, giving out false information as "Room Help". Shame on you, Mr. MOG.

08-16-2004 at 03:24 AM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Level 13 (Bleh...)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com