Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : The Arrest (A hold with a story)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Erhany929
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
IP: Logged
icon The Arrest (+1)  
Because i cant make great puzzles, i only did few hard ones, and other ones are based on Hack N Slash, but there are cutscenes and a nice story in my opinion ^^ I hope you like it, i knew DROD for a long time, but i lost all my 4 accounts on the forum, after a long time, i decided to DROD again ( verb ftw ) with this 5th account :D

EDIT : the fixed version is in my comment below

[Last edited by Erhany929 at 05-18-2012 11:24 PM]
05-18-2012 at 02:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
larrymurk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1911
icon Re: The Arrest (+1)  
I arrived at Shipment and Loading Island Entr. I can visit 1N and 1W but seem stuck otherwise.
05-18-2012 at 08:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jacob
Rank Points: 3746
icon Re: The Arrest (0)  
Island of Prisoner - you can (a) clear the room without clearing any tarstuff or (b) drop the black door, but not the red door.

05-18-2012 at 09:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Erhany929
larrymurk wrote:
I arrived at Shipment and Loading Island Entr. I can visit 1N and 1W but seem stuck otherwise.

Thats right, i didnt make rooms for those ( S and E ), if this story is good enough, i will start The Arrest II with those two places i mention at Shipment N Loading, i already started the hold :D
05-18-2012 at 10:02 PM
Erhany929
Jacob wrote:
Island of Prisoner - you can (a) clear the room without clearing any tarstuff or (b) drop the black door, but not the red door.

That room isnt required, just an extra room :D the real deal is to the left
05-18-2012 at 10:02 PM
brian_s
Rank Points: 587
I got to the "Beethro's Savior : Aumtron" level before finding some impossible rooms:
1N1E cannot be conquered because the unconnected bridge drops immediately;
1S1W cannot be conquered without a power token somewhere in the room (only Beethro can use tunnels without hitting a power token).

I saw that 1E in "Dungeon Beneath Island : Escape" is optional. But if I enter I become stuck even if I clear the room, that should be changed.

Poking in the editor, I cannot figure out how to clear "4th Slayer Slayal" 1S1E. I saw a challenge in 1E: use only one mirror for the entire room.

I don't know what you are planning for "The Parasite" level.
05-18-2012 at 10:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Erhany929

File: The Arrest.hold (28.4 KB)
Downloaded 59 times.
License: Public Domain
brian_s wrote:
I got to the "Beethro's Savior : Aumtron" level before finding some impossible rooms:
1N1E cannot be conquered because the unconnected bridge drops immediately;
1S1W cannot be conquered without a power token somewhere in the room (only Beethro can use tunnels without hitting a power token).

I saw that 1E in "Dungeon Beneath Island : Escape" is optional. But if I enter I become stuck even if I clear the room, that should be changed.

Poking in the editor, I cannot figure out how to clear "4th Slayer Slayal" 1S1E. I saw a challenge in 1E: use only one mirror for the entire room.

I don't know what you are planning for "The Parasite" level.

K so first of all, aumtron 1s1w is easiest of all, just a basic hack N slash, you eat the first slayer to left, diagonally* clear all and use tunnel at the end,

4th slayer slayal problems: I sent a fixed version of the hold just 3 minutes later i created the topic, it seems you downloaded the wrong one ( i guess by saying you use 1 mirror you mean the pads are not '' TOGGLE '' commanded, they are '' OPEN ' commanded.
The room with eyes and stuff is hack n slash too, the tunnel is just decoration

and the dungeon escape room to 1E, its optional, you dont need to enter there, i just wanted to show smth like, the ones who caught beethro are having a lunch break, thats why your way is all open and stuff :P

About the room with bridge in aumtron, thats all my bad, i forgot the rest of the room as i update, i am ready to take any bad word to that, sorry :( I will send a fixed one now, but its too late i might look tomorrow to what is wrong else, sorry for mistakes again, im amateur at the moment :/

* Keep checking if a room is required or not, i have few non-required rooms *
05-18-2012 at 11:23 PM
Jacob
Rank Points: 3746
Hmmm, I'd probably complete one hold and make corrections based on the advice of beta-testers before making a sequel to it.

Also, just because a room is unrequired doesn't mean you should leave it with unintended solutions or impossible. You could, I guess, but it seems kind of pointless.

I'm guessing English isn't your first language, as there is a lot of unintelligible speech and text in the hold. You should probably get some help in correcting it before releasing the hold.

That said, a lot of the rooms are really good. Especially in cooling systems.

05-19-2012 at 12:48 PM
Erhany929
Yep, english is not my first language, and im not really skiled at DROD too, im ready to take any bad comment, but in matter of converting them to ideas of new rooms

Btw by saying i started on 2nd hold, i planned the story of it, not levels ^^

[Last edited by Erhany929 at 05-19-2012 04:39 PM]
05-19-2012 at 04:39 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : The Arrest (A hold with a story)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com