Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : The music acknowledger (Because listening to new music is fun)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
IP: Logged
icon The music acknowledger (0)  
This game is about listening to music and extending your musical knowledge and polishing tastes. At least I want to get to know more bands. The rules are as follows:

1. You post a link to a musical piece on Youtube or any other site where it can be listened to for free.
2. You accompany the link with 1-5 sentences information about the song, album or band (ideally including what kind of music it is).
3. You also comment on the last posted song saying how you liked it. You may comment on more than one if you want.
4. Wait until at least two people post before posting another song.

For example:
Click here to view the secret text

Ready? Steady? Go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=457mjzLidgo
Proof by I Am Kloot, wiki says they are alternative rock so let's go with it. It's worth to watch it at least due to the music video (starring Eccleston, the ninth doctor). No matter how bad I feel it always makes me smile.

05-08-2012 at 09:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Vladilav
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 82
icon Re: The music acknowledger (0)  
group system of a down http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUzd9KyIDrM.song byob ... alternative metal .. funny song)

[Last edited by Vladilav at 05-10-2012 11:00 AM]
05-08-2012 at 12:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The spitemaster
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 354
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPerIxIoDOE inde Rock calm no base one singer by The Jezabels

I wish that man would stay away

[Last edited by The spitemaster at 05-08-2012 01:03 PM]
05-08-2012 at 01:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
skell wrote: 3. You also comment on the last posted song saying how you liked it. You may comment on more than one if you want.

05-08-2012 at 07:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The spitemaster
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 354
I like it too.

I wish that man would stay away
05-09-2012 at 01:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Znirk
Rank Points: 613
Proof: Doesn't do anything for me. Lots of repetition, with nothing to raise or sustain any interest. The singer is no huge success either, and seems to have a range (or at least a comfort zone) spanning one fifth. I'm not seeing the attraction here.

B.Y.O.B.: Technical issues; I couldn't get sound to play (or didn't find the right controls). As a note to anyone else who wants to have a go, "...song" is not part of the URL and needs to be deleted off the end.

A little piece: Now this one I quite like. Cute contrast between the rhythm section being hectic at people, while everyone else is in a fairly calm pattern. What do you call a 3/4 rhythm with emphasis on 2 -- Reggae Waltz? Fun times.

Nooow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9jKb_sGT2w

This is music by Philip Glass, a present-day composer who is probably most widely known for his film scores (The hours, The fog of war, The Truman show, The illusionist, and apparently several dozen more) but who writes a lot of music for un-filmic purposes as well.

The piece I'm linking belongs to Águas da Amazônia, which he wrote with and for the Brazilian group Uakti. It was originally a stage score for a dance/theatre project, as far as I can tell. All the pieces in this work are named after and inspired by rivers in the Amazon region.
05-09-2012 at 11:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bdwing
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 288
icon Re: The music acknowledger (+1)  
I have heard enough Phliip Glass to be able to state: If you have heard one piece by Philip Glass, you have heard EVERY piece by Philip Glass.
Yes, this is an exaggeration, but, truly, not by much.

For your consideration: Adele.

"Until it ends, there is no end."

[Last edited by bdwing at 03-03-2014 01:40 AM]
05-14-2012 at 01:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Bombadil
Rank Points: 509
Znirk wrote:
Nooow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9jKb_sGT2w

The piece I'm linking belongs to Águas da Amazônia, which he wrote with and for the Brazilian group Uakti. It was originally a stage score for a dance/theatre project, as far as I can tell. All the pieces in this work are named after and inspired by rivers in the Amazon region.

WOW. Just... wow!

I had heard Philip Glass before and although almost all his compositions sound alike, I find them thoroughly enjoyable. This piece, however sounds different to what I had heard (and still sounds Glass).

Thanks a lot for sharing it with us!
05-14-2012 at 08:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bdwing
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 288
This isn't exactly new music, but it was new to me.

[url=null http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37k_AOpEVXwHugh Laurie "Kiss of Fire"[/]
I didn't know Hugh Laurie was a singer.

"Until it ends, there is no end."

[Last edited by bdwing at 03-03-2014 01:40 AM]
01-13-2014 at 01:15 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : The music acknowledger (Because listening to new music is fun)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com