Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Illumination : DROD:AE 1.6.6 Patch. (The cure for all your ailments.)
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
IP: Logged
icon DROD:AE 1.6.6 Patch. (+1)  
This patch has been a long time coming. It takes some work to release a patch, and we waited so that we could release one big patch instead of like eighteen of them. Yes, it's kinda lazy.

Please, grab the upgrade from http://www.caravelgames.net/distfiles/drod1_6_6upgrade.zip. It contains just the files needed to get your current installation of DROD:AE up-to-date. I am going to put the full setup on SourceForge fairly soon, but first I wanted to see if anybody has problems with this patch.

Here are issues addressed in this patch (click on links for more info):
101781 BUG: Roach queens not spawning on checkpoints
101216 BUG: Music changes on title screen demo
100966 Made demo handling more robust.
100026 BUG: Orb agents can be lost on region deletions
99136 BUG: Demo disappears when selected for show
99103 BUG: Incorrect highlights when copying room regions
99096 BUG: Repeated room region copies/pastes
99094 BUG: View not correct in 2D text box widget
96817 BUG: Erroneous room save requests
96816 Bug: scroll texts unintentionally modified
96731 "Show Errors" state is not preserved in editor
95734 BUG: Green door stays when only monster is killed on entrance
94373 Linux bug: Corrupted checksum in exported demos
93991 BUG: Music is enabled on non-KDD win
92942 1.6.5 Bug: Can select newly-deleted level
92609 Scroll text loss bug
92611 Bloated text.dat

-Erik

08-08-2004 at 09:20 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Watcher
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 902
icon Re: DROD:AE 1.6.6 Patch. (0)  
After installing this patch, I cannot run DROD. Trying to run the new drod.exe gives me an error message saying that the program cannot find "_FMUSIC_LoadSong@24" in "fmod.dll". If i replace the fmod.dll file provided with this patch with the old one, I get the same message. If I keep the old drod.exe, but replace fmod.dll, I also get the same message, except with "@20" instead of "@24".

By the way, the fmod.dll file provided with this patch identifies itself as being version 3.5.0.0, while the one I had in my DROD directory already was version 3.6.3.0, and therefore newer. Is this intentional?

08-08-2004 at 09:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
I followed installation orders. (Yes, I was cautious)

BUT When I started new drod.exe I got this error message :
(I'll try to translate it but I'm not 100% of my translation)

The beginning of procedure _FMUSIC_LoadSongEx@24 can't be found from dynamically linked library fmod.dll

08-08-2004 at 09:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Rank Points: 5056

File: fmod.dll (156 KB)
Downloaded 194 times.
License: Other
Yikes! IIRC, FMOD 3.73 should be the version included with this new patch. We'll get it sorted out, but in the meantime, here's the dll.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
08-08-2004 at 09:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Now I got another error message:

Program couldn't be started because zlib1.dll wasn't found.
Reinstalling the program could fix the proble.

So what now? Do I have to install Drod again or is it another file missing?
08-08-2004 at 09:42 PM
Watcher
Following up on my above post, I went out and found the latest version of fmod.dll (3.7.3.0, as Mike says) myself, and used that one instead. That persuaded DROD to run, but there's no sound (neither music nor sound effects).

08-08-2004 at 09:45 PM
Doom
I DL:ed the Zlib1.dll and DROD got started. And I had the same problems...

How about releasing DROD AE 1.6.7 patch soon :D
1.6.6 Turned to be a disappointment...

I found gamer_extreme's multiple checkpoint bug earlier today too but I didn't have time to post about it.
08-08-2004 at 10:17 PM
mrimer
Argh, it looks like the build needs to be redone with the new fmod sound library version. We're looking into it.

08-08-2004 at 10:19 PM
ErikH2000
I updated the zip with the latest fmod, which I thought I had added to the archive, but somehow I added an older version. The whole thing makes me grumpy.

EDIT: You should redownload the zip file from the above URL and copy the new fmod.dll into your installation directory.

EDIT 2: Aw... just stand by. There are a few other things to put in order and I will put another .zip archive up.

-Erik

[Edited by ErikH2000 on 08-08-2004 at 09:24 PM GMT]

[Edited by ErikH2000 on 08-08-2004 at 09:27 PM GMT]

08-08-2004 at 10:23 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
icon Re: DROD:AE 1.6.6 Patch. (+1)  
There were terrible cascading problems to solve, but here is a new upgrade archive (same URL):

http://www.caravelgames.net/distfiles/drod1_6_6upgrade.zip

-Erik

08-08-2004 at 11:39 PM
Doom
After installing new 1.6.6... DROD still works! And it has sounds!!! Too bad, roach queens still don't spawn on checkpoints.
08-08-2004 at 11:48 PM
patmo98
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 39
ErikH2000 wrote:
There were terrible cascading problems to solve, but here is a new upgrade archive:

This new upgrade archive causes the following problem:
"This application has failed to start because zib1.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." I hope this is fixed soon.

-Patrick
08-08-2004 at 11:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
patmo98 wrote:
"This application has failed to start because zib1.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." I hope this is fixed soon.
Patrick, zlib1.dll is included in the archive. Did you copy it into your installation directory?

-Erik

08-09-2004 at 12:05 AM
trick
Rank Points: 2580
The Linux build is here (here!), fresh off the presses (yes, I actually use presses to create the Linux build). Just the update for now, the full setup will be available some time tomorrow, probably. I'll make another post when it's up.

To upgrade, simply gunzip the file you downloaded above and rename it to drod.bin, overwriting the old one (or make a symlink). As with the Windows version, you'll have to upgrade FMOD to version 3.7.3 for this to work (but don't worry about Zlib, it's linked statically). You can get the .so file (gzipped) by clicking here.

There's some more new features and fixes in addition to what Erik mentioned (most are linux-specific):

* Automatically copies data (and ini) to your home directory if (and only if) some or all data is read-only. The data will then be in $HOME/.caravel/drod-1_6. This makes it possible for someone to set up an install where every user gets his/her own data set. Gentoo people rejoice.

* New and better resource/data finder, fixes some bugs. DataPath.txt was moved to $HOME/.caravel/drod-1_6/DataPath.txt (you shouldn't need to worry about that though).

* The executable is now 500k smaller, thanks to some optimization (the windows exe should be smaller as well!).

* Misc bugfixes.

Enjoy! :)

- Gerry
08-09-2004 at 01:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
E-Daddy
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
ErikH2000 wrote:
patmo98 wrote:
Patrick, zlib1.dll is included in the archive. Did you copy it into your installation directory?

-Erik

It wasn't included in my download. I just got drod.exe and fmod.dll not zlib1.dll.

[Edited by E-Daddy on 08-09-2004 at 12:55 AM GMT]
08-09-2004 at 01:54 AM
Scott
Rank Points: 578
I haven't tried installing the patch yet because zlib1.dll isn't included in the zip file and I don't want to try and have drod not run.
08-09-2004 at 02:27 AM
patmo98
Rank Points: 39
ErikH2000 wrote:

-Erik
I feel stupid but I can't find the file. Which folder is it in?
08-09-2004 at 02:39 AM
ErikH2000
It looks like I uploaded the wrong file. Many, many mistakes have I made today. Please try downloading the file again if you haven't comepletely lost patience with me. :)

-Erik

08-09-2004 at 04:17 AM
Watcher
New bug: When playing in fullscreen, the entire game screen is shifted to the right (so I have a black bar in the left side of the screen and I can't see the rightmost parts of the game).

08-09-2004 at 02:14 PM
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
Watcher wrote:
New bug: When playing in fullscreen, the entire game screen is shifted to the right (so I have a black bar in the left side of the screen and I can't see the rightmost parts of the game).
I have yet to experience that problem. If you are having problems, just head to SourceForge and pick up the full setup. I did that a couple hours back and have yet to experience a problem with it.

08-09-2004 at 02:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
gamer_extreme_101 wrote:
If you are having problems, just head to SourceForge and pick up the full setup. I did that a couple hours back and have yet to experience a problem with it.

That was very helpful. The zip file really didn't work at all. Roach queens did spawn on checkpoints with zipped update. Now everything is working fine. Of course it could be, that I couldn't put the files in right destinations...
08-09-2004 at 03:22 PM
ErikH2000
Watcher wrote:
I believe a new video mode is being used with your monitor. You need to adjust the monitor to make the bar go away and then save the settings if your monitor has a "save" feature. After that, this video mode should display correctly every time you enter it.

-Erik

08-09-2004 at 05:23 PM
Watcher
That worked. Thanks, Erik!

08-09-2004 at 09:08 PM
Avon
Rank Points: 47
icon Re: DROD:AE 1.6.6 Patch. (+2)  
gamer_extreme_101 wrote:
2. If you step on a checkpoint, then step on another beside it, it will not save. The checkpoint will not save your position until you step off a checkpoint into a clear square and then step on it again.
This bug was discussed here about seven months ago. Schik said it was fixed for 1.7 but it was decided that it would not be fixed in the 1.6.5 patch, and presumably the 1.6.6 patch also.

08-10-2004 at 01:12 AM
trick
The full Linux setup is out, finally, after a slight delay mostly caused by unexpected sunshine.

So, if you've got Linux and want the whole shebang, click here to download! This time I fixed the installer to not overwrite existing data unless you tell it to, so you won't lose your saves -- always a plus. Also, you can tell DROD to make local copies of the dat files in your home directory. See my previous post for details.

Why are you still here ? Download! :)

- Gerry
08-10-2004 at 01:16 AM
mrimer

File: drod_1_6_6_1.zip (395.4 KB)
Downloaded 159 times.
License: Other
icon DROD:AE 1.6.6 Patch (v2) (+1)  
Fixed a scroll text bug that somehow crept into 1.6.6, mentioned by Wesley here. Attached is the patched drod.exe. Just replace the other 1.6.6 drod.exe with this one.

08-10-2004 at 02:08 AM
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
ErikH2000 wrote:
...we waited so that we could release one big patch instead of like eighteen of them.

Hmmm.... Erik, it looks like Mike is disobeying your directives..... :P

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
08-10-2004 at 02:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
The_Red_Hawk wrote:
Hmmm.... Erik, it looks like Mike is disobeying your directives..... :P
Naw, not really. We are just patching the patch. This situation is actually a good illustration of why we don't do a patch every time there is a bug to fix. You gotta test the things to make sure they don't introduce more bugs. It's work.

-Erik

08-10-2004 at 02:58 AM
trick
Whew... Linux files are updated. Anyone who already downloaded the files should download them again (same links). Sorry for the inconvenience.

- Gerry
08-10-2004 at 03:35 AM
Avon
Rank Points: 47
ErikH2000 wrote:
99103 BUG: Incorrect highlights when copying room regions
DiMono wrote:
If you're editing with Show errors selected, and you use Ctrl-C to select an area, the errors go away. If you then right-click, the errors return, and the colours are a little more pronounced. If you right-click again, they become more prominent, as the colours gain strength. If you right-click a total of five times without pasting your selection, the error [highlights] become solid blue and red, blocking out whatever's beneath them.
I don't want to make trouble, but I do not believe that this bug is fixed by the patch. I can still make the error highlights very pronounced in the way described above.

08-10-2004 at 12:04 PM
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Illumination : DROD:AE 1.6.6 Patch. (The cure for all your ailments.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com