Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Space Station (A new tileset)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Doom
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3226
IP: Logged

File: Style4Tiles.bmp (294.1 KB)
Downloaded 146 times.
License: Other
icon Space Station (+3)  
Here's a new tileset for you.(There aren't too many yet)
Copy it over style4tiles.bmp (remember to backup the original first)

The next post has a screenshot if you want to take a look at it first.

[Edited by Doom on 08-04-2004 at 07:17 PM GMT]
08-04-2004 at 08:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom

File: example.png (24.2 KB)
Downloaded 137 times.
icon Re: Space Station (+1)  
Here's a screenshot of the tileset
08-04-2004 at 08:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
icon Re: Space Station (0)  
You did a good job on this. I find it hard to believe that there would be brick walls in a space station, but you did a good job on it. If you can, try to go metal on the walls, but other than that, its very good! Worthy of promoting you to "Delver". :yes

08-04-2004 at 09:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
I actually had steel in mind when I started to make it but I found it difficult to make it look good. I wanted to start with something easier.

I'm also thinking about making a few other tilesets and using them in the Fortress of Eternity.

I'll make one with steel later.
08-04-2004 at 09:55 PM
gamer_extreme_101
I could make a couple of quick steel tiles if you like to give you some ideas...I'm already 24/7 in an image editing program anyway... :ranting

08-05-2004 at 06:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
I tried to make some steel but it looked kind of horrible. It would be nice to get some "expert made" steel. :)

Right now, I'm concentrating more on my hold. Still a lot to do...
I've done one new tileset but you'll see it later...
08-05-2004 at 07:03 PM
gamer_extreme_101

File: steel.bmp (1.2 KB)
Downloaded 75 times.
icon Re: Space Station (+1)  
Here ya go. If'n you ever need any help, you know where to find me. I didn't do the cracked walls, but you should be able to with the files. Just select the whole file and paste it over the walls.

08-05-2004 at 07:17 PM
gamer_extreme_101
I was able to take a closer look at your tileset, and I have a couple of comments:

1. The shadows you have for the statue don't represent the shape. Seeing as it it a pyramid, it should have shadows at an angle, just like the 'ice' tileset.

2. Just like walls, I'm sure you could fin a way to do steel pits and trapdoors. Wouldn't be too hard.

3. This hovers around number 1, but the shadows aren't that large comparing them to the wall shadows. The ststues are at least as tall as the walls. Keep that in mind.

However, you did give me a couple of good ideas for DRODIS. Can't wait to see some more of your work!

08-09-2004 at 04:35 PM
Doom

File: Style3Tiles.bmp (294.1 KB)
Downloaded 76 times.
I've made another tileset and changed the old one a little. Again, here is the tileset and the next post has a screenshot.
(Not yet steel. I make it later...)
08-14-2004 at 01:53 PM
Doom

File: example2.bmp (66.7 KB)
Downloaded 81 times.
...And the screenshot of style3tiles
08-14-2004 at 01:53 PM
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
If you change all that green to grey, you have metal. Tada! :)

08-14-2004 at 04:00 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Space Station (A new tileset)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com