Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : Snake Budkin 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
larrymurk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1908
IP: Logged

File: larrys Snake Budkin.drh (36.1 KB)
Downloaded 61 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Snake Budkin 2 (+6)  
I am working on a project start by skell.
See his Snake Budkin.

You play as a snake that grows it's tail to a length equal to it's attack.

This is just a quick demo for now.
03-07-2012 at 10:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
icon Re: Snake Budkin 2 (0)  
It would be interesting with some anti-ATK gems, which alows you to shorten your body.

Another idea: What if Snake Budkins body grows when he eats gems. That it grows one square per gem he eats, making it hard to eat low-bonus gems if you want to maintain a slim body.
03-08-2012 at 06:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
larrymurk
Blondbeard wrote:
It would be interesting with some anti-ATK gems, which alows you to shorten your body.

Another idea: What if Snake Budkins body grows when he eats gems. That it grows one square per gem he eats, making it hard to eat low-bonus gems if you want to maintain a slim body.

Yes, anti-atk gems should be added as well as gems that are maybe +3 or +5 atk.

I couldn't understand your 'Another idea'. Right now SB does grow w/ each gem. You don't mean wider, do you? I can't imagine him wider.
03-08-2012 at 04:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
The second idea was that he should grow one square if he eats a +3 gem. This would make for some interesting puzzle potential, since you sometimes have to avoid eating +1 gems. It is better if your growing comes from the better gems. "Slim" was obviously the wrong word :) I should have said "short".

[Last edited by Blondbeard at 03-08-2012 04:43 PM]
03-08-2012 at 04:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
larrymurk
Blondbeard wrote:
The second idea was that he should grow one square if he eats a +3 gem. This would make for some interesting puzzle potential, since you sometimes have to avoid eating +1 gems. It is better if your growing comes from the better gems. "Slim" was obviously the wrong word :) I should have said "short".

Ah, so one might need to eat the +3 attack gem to become stronger attackwise without growing too long then eat +1 gems later which make SB grow more for example.
03-08-2012 at 06:41 PM
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
Real nice. I wish you made more levels :).

04-18-2012 at 08:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1299
There's a graphical bug - on the square 1 space south of the green door in 2S I keep getting a weird snake segment. Awesome!

[Last edited by Someone Else at 04-18-2012 09:23 PM]
04-18-2012 at 09:21 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : Snake Budkin 2
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com