Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Bug tracking (or, those little squares next to each topic)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
IP: Logged
icon Bug tracking (+2)  
By the time you see this, you've probably seen little squares next to each topic on the topic index page. I added in a very small bug tracking system on the forum. Admins can mark topics as any of several categories - Bug verified, In progress, Fixed, that sort of thing. Non-admins can see what the status is, but can't change it.

So if you report a bug, you can feel secure in knowing that someone does have it on their to-do list, or you can yell at us if after a month the status is still at "Default". Just mouse-over the image to see what the status is.

Just wanted to let you all know what was going on so you don't report "Hey, there's these weird slightly off-color squares next to the topics now! What happened??"

We'll definitely use this for game bugs, but I plan to also use it for forum bugs.

[Edited by Schik on 08-03-2004 at 08:37 PM GMT]

08-03-2004 at 09:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Zmann
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 241
icon Re: Bug tracking (0)  
Bleh, I don't like it :P

Seriously though, I think its a great idea. I find it a little distracting though. Could you make it so it's only for certian forums though (I.E. the bug forum). For some reason my eyes like to focus on those little buggers, and its distracting.

It's actually not that big of a deal, and I'll probably get used to it eventually, but I still find it strange that its in places like the anything board, where they'll never be used.
08-04-2004 at 03:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Zmann wrote:
Seriously though, I think its a great idea. I find it a little distracting though. Could you make it so it's only for certian forums though (I.E. the bug forum). For some reason my eyes like to focus on those little buggers, and its distracting.

It's actually not that big of a deal, and I'll probably get used to it eventually, but I still find it strange that its in places like the anything board, where they'll never be used.
I considered doing it on a per-board basis, but didn't have the time to add that option today. I'll likely add it in soon. Or just wait long enough that you get used to it and will complain if I remove it. ;)

08-04-2004 at 03:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Scott
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 578
Firefox with adblock > your little blue squares. 2 clicks and I will never see them again. Muhahaha.
08-04-2004 at 03:57 AM
Schik
Until I randomize their names. Well, you could block everything in that directory, but then you'd lose stuff you might not want to lose. :)

08-04-2004 at 04:03 AM
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
So uh, whose unfortunate task is it to go through all the bugs in the Bugs forum and put little bugs next to them?

08-04-2004 at 04:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
I can't guarantee we'll go through and change them all. I'm going through some site stuff and changing status, because I know I've missed a million things and this will help me keep track better. I'll let Mike change stuff in the Bugs board if he so desires.

I'm also going to possibly use this for forum feature requests, so it might be best to put new forum requests in seperate threads, instead of the huge "Forum Feature Requests" thread.

08-04-2004 at 06:24 AM
dividendD
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 44
Here's what the symbols mean for reference.

Hand- Fix Verified
Roach-Bug Verified
Roach with an X- Not A Bug
Checkmark- Fixed

Probably more but that's all I can find.
08-11-2004 at 03:51 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Bug tracking (or, those little squares next to each topic)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com