Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Press Clippings : Decent DROD Let's Play
<<3456
Page 7 of 7
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
IP: Logged
icon Re: Decent DROD Let's Play (0)  
Nuntar wrote:
You don't remember which rooms you did? :P
Well, I wrote that post from work, and I never did play through all of TCB after it was released, so the forum doesn't think I have visited most of the levels, and thus I couldn't look at the images to remind myself. And even at home, since I don't have ownership of the TCB hold itself and haven't mastered it, I can't just open up the editor to glance through the hold. And I certainly don't remember just by the coordinates. :) So, that post I made and people's descriptions of the rooms are what I have to go by. For example, the three-part room with the platforms and the mimics is still something I can mostly recall.
I did it!!! Hold Mastered at last! :thumbsup
Congrats!

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
05-29-2014 at 02:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Rank Points: 5056
I just watched how Alex mastered TCB!

Then, I saw how the Entrance to the post-mastery level is still scorable on CaravelNet. Is that intended for any reason? If not, I plan to mark it non-scoreable.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
08-27-2014 at 04:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
DezzTech
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 327
icon Re: Decent DROD Let's Play (+3)  
Hey, not 100% sure if this is the right place to post this, but here are some let's plays I found that I don't think are mentioned anywhere on this forum (?)

JtRH let's play in 5.0 engine by Tablesaw. 7 videos long, 6 levels finished.

KDD 2.0 let's play by Fatbeanindustries. 3 videos, 2 and a half levels finished.

KDD 2.0 let's play by Lionx0xFIFAHD. 2 videos, 1 and a quarter levels finished.

Flash DROD not really a let's play. 1 heavily edited 2 minute long video, 1 level finished.

Also, if anyone cares, I can maybe make a thread compiling all the let's plays and playthroughs I found on youtube. I have a TON of links that I just need to put somewhere :P
Does anyone want that? It'll be basically the ultimate compilation of all DROD video on youtube.
09-26-2014 at 10:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
larrymurk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1908
DezzTech wrote:
Also, if anyone cares, I can maybe make a thread compiling all the let's plays and playthroughs I found on youtube. I have a TON of links that I just need to put somewhere :P
Does anyone want that? It'll be basically the ultimate compilation of all DROD video on youtube.

I'd like that!
09-26-2014 at 12:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
DezzTech
Rank Points: 327
icon Re: Decent DROD Let's Play (+1)  
Okay, sure, I started compiling the videos already, I'd like to format the post neatly so that it has videos sorted by type (let's play or a silent walkthrough), player, game, etc, etc, write some short descriptions maybe. This is going to take a day or two considering how much free time I (don't) have.

Should I post it in Press Clippings or General? Does that even matter?

Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by DezzTech at 09-26-2014 01:20 PM]
09-26-2014 at 01:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
skell
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: Decent DROD Let's Play (+2)  
Woot! Alex Diener has just uploaded his first part of TSS LP, rejoice!

Obligatory link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nih7gx27AOw&list=PLBk6-z6v3pDLK_aMkDe3qhnCUeVZ_stjT

10-20-2014 at 06:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Rank Points: 5056
Ah, wow, I didn't expect him to start playing TSS right away. Cool! Looking forward to watching this.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
10-20-2014 at 05:23 PM
karlpopper
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 263
icon Re: Decent DROD Let's Play (+2)  
Alex is very, very watchable: I already found it nostalgic watching him play through Holding Vats: it all seems so innocent there.

He's got a mellow voice that doesn't grate over time, like Pearls, and his pacing is excellent.

However, unlike Pearls, He doesn't know what's coming ..... poor guy.

10-21-2014 at 12:53 AM
Pearls
Rank Points: 767
This means you guys don't need me to LP TSS. Thank goodness.

Click here to view the secret text

10-21-2014 at 03:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
BlueFlower
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 156
Do it or we will take your firstborn. We'll feed it to a roach.

10-22-2014 at 03:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jacob
Rank Points: 3741
icon Re: Decent DROD Let's Play (+1)  
Curses! An unintended solution revealed in Alex D's latest Let's Play (unexpected use of pickaxe+platform in the last level).

05-04-2015 at 11:29 PM
Pinnacle
Rank Points: 1126
Jacob wrote:
Curses! An unintended solution revealed in Alex D's latest Let's Play (unexpected use of pickaxe+platform in the last level).

I'm assuming the intended solution is to use a timeclone to push the eye into the alcove?

05-06-2015 at 12:34 AM
bwross
Rank Points: 376
Pinnacle wrote:
Jacob wrote:

I'm assuming the intended solution is to use a timeclone to push the eye into the alcove?

Why would you do that? If you have the projection over there, you don't need the eye.

05-06-2015 at 02:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
<<3456
Page 7 of 7
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Press Clippings : Decent DROD Let's Play
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No