Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Compat
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
bdcribbs
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 390
IP: Logged
icon Compat (0)  
Straight out of CVS, my Compat/Compat.cpp couldn't find Compat.h. I made it so it could, but that didn't solve the problem, it still has unresolved symbols in the linking stage.

Specifically, CCompat::ImportXML and ExportXML.

This seems to be related to how things are set up to support different versions of the libraries (within Caravel), which I don't fully understand.

05-03-2003 at 10:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Compat (0)  
bdcribbs wrote:
Straight out of CVS, my Compat/Compat.cpp couldn't find Compat.h. I made it so it could, but that didn't solve the problem, it still has unresolved symbols in the linking stage.
I think I might have a bad check-in there. Won't be able to mess with it until later. On the bright side, you don't need compat.cpp/h in your project, and the compat and drodlib15 projects don't need to be built.

-Erik

05-03-2003 at 11:00 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bdcribbs
Cool, I got the release target to compile and it even runs :)
05-04-2003 at 12:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bdcribbs
I meant to keep track of how I did it but at this point I don't remember.

One thing that I do remember is that I had to tell the linker to ignore libc to avoid name conflicts.

05-04-2003 at 01:36 AM
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
icon Re: Re: Compat (0)  
bdcribbs wrote:
One thing that I do remember is that I had to tell the linker to ignore libc to avoid name conflicts.
I forgot to mention this before, except to Mike - What I did was remove the
#pragma comment(lib,"zlibstat.lib" )
in DbXML.cpp and add zlibstat.lib to the link options. It's weird, but that fixed the problem for me.

I must say, I always hated that particular #pragma. Being a Unix programmer first, doing it the other way probably just makes more sense to me.

05-04-2003 at 01:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Re: Re: Compat (0)  
Schik wrote:
I forgot to mention this before, except to Mike - What I did was remove the
#pragma comment(lib,"zlibstat.lib" )
in DbXML.cpp and add zlibstat.lib to the link options. It's weird, but that fixed the problem for me.
Yeah, I did that too. I'm not a very pragmatic person either. (drum hit)

Congratulations to Bryan on getting the beast to build. It's not so easy, unfortunately. All those project dependencies are a bit hairy.

-Erik

(edit: misspelled Bryan's name.)

[Edited by ErikH2000 on 05-05-2003 at 12:17 AM]

05-05-2003 at 12:16 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Compat
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com