Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Nightmare Dungeon (Various puzzles)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

7.4/10 (37 votes)
σ 1.82
Author Name:Henri
Submitted By:Doom
Hold Name:Nightmare Dungeon
Theme:Various puzzles
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:7
Number of Rooms:106
Number of Monsters:2074
Version:DROD: Architect's Edition
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:7 (+7 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Nightmare Dungeon.hold (52.2 KB)
Downloaded 2746 times.
License: Other
icon Nightmare Dungeon  
My first hold. I hope you like it...
07-26-2004 at 10:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Doom
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3226
icon Re: Nightmare Dungeon (0)  
There's more information about this hold in architecture forum.
This is the final release until some new problems appear...

[Edited by Doom on 07-27-2004 at 05:31 PM GMT]
07-26-2004 at 12:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Well, gds found a whole lot of problems with this hold. :?

I should be updating this hold but then everyone has to start all over. That could be solved with a warp room but I can't remove the file in first post by admin.
07-27-2004 at 02:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
Doom wrote:

I should be updating this hold but then everyone has to start all over. That could be solved with a warp room but I can't remove the file in first post by admin.
Go into your profile, click on "My Holds" and you can submit a new version of your hold from there.

07-27-2004 at 03:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
A restriction on that is that you cannot add or remove rooms; same number of rooms in the same places, but you can change whatever you want within the rooms.

07-27-2004 at 03:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
Doom wrote:

This is why we don't submit holds to the Holds forum until they've been fully tested in Architecture first.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
07-27-2004 at 04:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Well, I'm quite sure that I don't make the same mistakes twice.
Next time i'll test it completely. And next time, I might not make so many mistakes after all.

And those problems are fixed. Download the new version and warp to the room you were in.
07-27-2004 at 04:36 PM
Scott
Rank Points: 578
I finished level 7 and the stairs took me back to the start of 7. Stair bug or the stairs not set to end hold?
07-28-2004 at 08:12 AM
Doom
It's bug with stairs... The stairs end the hold now. It's the last level though, so you didn't miss a lot.
07-28-2004 at 09:47 AM
robin
Rank Points: 842
icon level 4 2S1E (0)  
please help me with this one,
I looked at the hint in architecture forum
but I stil don't get it done.
can you help, please?

thanks

09-13-2004 at 09:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
I hadn't played this hold until recently, and I enjoyed it very much. Not too hard, but definitely some entertaining puzzles. I was surprised it only had 4 votes after mine was cast...c'mon people, vote more!

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
08-18-2005 at 12:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1911
icon Re: Nightmare Dungeon (+1)  
I played the entire hold and found no bugs.

It is a good size hold filled with average difficulty puzzles.

Well done.
08-28-2005 at 02:26 PM
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
Extremely entertaining hold!
Congrats if this is indeed your first :)

As HotU would put it:
"Two thumbs up... way up!!"
08-28-2005 at 06:53 PM
Alneyan
Rank Points: 622
I gave the hold an eight: fun, but it lacks polish somewhat - but it *was* Doom's first. Recommended, especially for the later levels.
10-29-2005 at 09:20 PM
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
Just played this one. Some good puzzles, no really bad or tedious ones. All in all, a lot of fun.

I give it an 8, with 6 brains of difficulty.

06-05-2006 at 04:31 PM
calamarain
Rank Points: 933
Was recommended this one when looking for a good but not too hard dungeon. So far (level 4) I'm impressed. I give it a 8 for fun and a 5 for difficulty, and would recommend it to anyone who's finding the top-rated holds to be... a little difficult!

01-27-2008 at 04:37 AM
calamarain
Rank Points: 933
And done. Not changed my rating - this is a good solid Architect's Edition dungeon with entertaining puzzles. A few tedious rooms but they fitted well in the theme.

01-30-2008 at 11:56 PM
mauvebutterfly
Rank Points: 720
A fun hold. It's a bit easier than I was expecting given the architect's reputation, but this is Doom's first hold, so I'm sure the difficulty will go up in later ones. I actually found the difficulty curve to be backwards; the earlier levels gave me more trouble than the later ones.

Every level has a consistent theme and aesthetic, which is nice, and there are some unique puzzles here as well. Definitely worth playing through.

12-25-2017 at 01:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Nightmare Dungeon (Various puzzles) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com