Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Paying by PayPal
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Kafka
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 42
IP: Logged
icon Paying by PayPal (0)  
I've been trying to renew my Caravel subscription. Although I click on the PayPal option, I am then sent to a "pay by credit card" page; the PayPal link does not seem to work. I've written repeatedly to Mike about this, but he has not responded. My subscription expires shortly, and I do not want to be cut off. Please can someone help sort this out.

11-03-2011 at 09:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Bombadil
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 509
icon Re: Paying by PayPal (+1)  

I don't know if Mike can do anthing about it since I think Plimus is who takes care of the orders.

You could try contacting them directly (maybe through here).
11-03-2011 at 10:59 AM
Kafka
I've already done that, and they haven't replied either

11-03-2011 at 01:24 PM
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
I have just bought a CaravelNET Membership with a paypal without any problems. On the first page of the Order I simply selected PayPal and it later redirected me correctly, so I can confirm PayPal works. At least for me.

EDIT: Okay, there are problems after I have already logged into the paypal so I didn't yet purchase it, but nevertheless, it partially worked.

[Last edited by skell at 11-03-2011 01:53 PM]
11-03-2011 at 01:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kafka
I've just tried again, and this time I was connected to the Plimus PayPal page. But, as happened the first time I tried, the connection timed out before payment was completed. I checked at downforeveryoneorjustme.com, and it appears that the Plimus payment site at order1.net is not working.

11-03-2011 at 02:29 PM
skell
Kafka wrote:
I've just tried again, and this time I was connected to the Plimus PayPal page. But, as happened the first time I tried, the connection timed out before payment was completed. I checked at downforeveryoneorjustme.com, and it appears that the Plimus payment site at order1.net is not working.

Did you try to contact them about this problem? I haven't and it might be a good thing to do.

11-03-2011 at 02:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kafka
I've just tried to contact Plimus. The contact form demands order number and email address. I have entered these, but it has rejected my form since it claims that my address is unknown. This seems to mean that, since I haven't actually succeeded in placing an order, I do not have a relationship with them, and they therefore will not handle my complaint.

11-03-2011 at 02:40 PM
skell
icon Re: Paying by PayPal (+6)  
So that's exactly what I have managed to find.

I did find a way to work around the problem apparently! Once you get the "page timed out" message, notice that the URL in your browser's address bar is missing "https://". I have added it at the beginning (so it formed https://www.order1.net/...) and the order was processed successfully.

EDIT: Yes, just got "Receipt of payment" and automated Caravel message "Thanks for your purchase of:".

[Last edited by skell at 11-03-2011 03:20 PM]
11-03-2011 at 03:19 PM
Kafka
icon Re: Paying by PayPal (0)  
Thank you! I added https at the beginning, and was able to complete the purchase. I've just received a confirmation email. So someone needs to correct the process, in order to remove this obstacle.

11-03-2011 at 03:40 PM
skell
I contacted them, and either they completely missed the issue, or I didn't word myself correctly.

My mail to them:
Click here to view the secret text

Reply:
Click here to view the secret text

Ironically enough, I feel like Josef from The Trial now, it seems so surrealistic.

Anyway, I will continue this and write another mail which, hopefully, will be understood.

11-03-2011 at 04:16 PM
mrimer
Rank Points: 5058
Thank you, Skell, for figuring out the root of this problem and a workaround. Plimus seems notorious for responding to my specific questions or suggestions with a form letter, and it takes a couple of e-mails with stronger wording like "Look, I'm trying to tell you something important and you keep replying with form letters!!!!1" before someone there takes notice. Keep trying, Skell. I really appreciate your efforts.

(And Kafka, I haven't seen any e-mails from you in my in-box. Maybe they went into our general support pool, which I haven't been able to look at the last couple of days. My apologies. I have a deadline at work I'm trying to hit today.)

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 11-03-2011 08:10 PM]
11-03-2011 at 08:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kafka
Since Skell identified the problem, and I have been able to pay, it's not important, Mike. But please check your inboxes for messages I sent on 11 October, 21 October and 31 October. If they didn't arrive, then maybe there is a problem with my mailserver.

11-03-2011 at 09:01 PM
skell
icon Re: Paying by PayPal (+2)  
Eureka:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Plimus.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We have forwarded this information to our Engineering Department for further investigation.

Regards,
Stacy-Plimus Support

Now we all need to keep our fingers crossed so they actually fix the problem!

11-07-2011 at 08:07 AM
Kafka
I have another problem now. Although I have renewed by PayPal, and received a confirmation email from Plimus, this information does not seem to have reached Caravel, who have notified me that today is my last day of service. What should I do?

11-07-2011 at 05:47 PM
Schik
Rank Points: 5383
Send me your order's reference number and I'll send you the activation link, assuming it did make it to our server.

We were having some email troubles for a few hours, but it seems to be up and running right now.

11-07-2011 at 06:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Kafka
Thanks Schik, sent you a private message

11-07-2011 at 06:11 PM
Schik
Rank Points: 5383
Yay, it got to our server. I PM'd you the activation link.

11-07-2011 at 07:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Kafka
Thanks, now activated it. There is clearly some problem with Plimus, as I had great difficulty paying, as well as the failure to inform Caravel.

11-07-2011 at 07:41 PM
skell
For any curious soul, the issue is still standing - I have just purchased JTRH and still had to do the https trick to make it go through. You'd think that such simple issue can be fixed in five days (message was received on 4th), but I guess not.

11-09-2011 at 04:18 PM
mrimer
Thanks, Schik, for helping Kafka out with this. Plimus drives me crazy sometimes. If there's anything I can help you guys with in the future, you are welcome to e-mail me and I'll respond as soon as I can.

11-10-2011 at 12:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
I am amused. I've got a mail from Plimus yesterday:

Hello,

Thank you for notifying us regarding this issue.  Plimus is no longer offering PayPal as a payment option. 

Regards,
Stacy-Plimus Vendor Support

It still seems to be available though.

11-15-2011 at 07:27 PM
mrimer
Man, their operation is laughable.

11-15-2011 at 09:54 PM
mrimer
Today, Plimus is changing the way it handles PayPal orders to integrate with the seller's own PayPal account. They call this initial functionality their "basic" integration. By the end of the month, they will have an "advanced" integration in place. If anyone has further problems with these, as I'm expecting might occur based on their track record, please let me know.

12-10-2011 at 03:00 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Paying by PayPal
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com