Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Hidden Levels Should Be Discoverable (wherein blah blah blah)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Trickster
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 662
IP: Logged
icon Hidden Levels Should Be Discoverable (+1)  
I have a request which I think is sensible and may be relatively easy to fulfill. After conquering a hold, one learns:

1) The total percentage of secret rooms solved (from which a rough estimate of the number of secret rooms in the hold can be determined)

2) For each level visited, the number of secrets solved and total number of secrets available (which includes solved, unsolved, and unseen)

3) For each level visited, the total percentage of rooms visited

There's a gap here. If someone puts a hidden level into a hold, conquering the hold does not inform you that all of your save states are missing visitation to one or more levels.

I feel it should, in the spirit of the game. Even a simple message "some levels unvisited" would be a great boon. I don't want to go crazy thinking about hidden levels I may have missed, because I've played holds already that have large hidden levels which are not required, are not secrets, and don't show up online unless you've visited them (but ideally you shouldn't need to go online anyway to figure out if you've beaten the entire hold).

For another related suggestion, if you have CN it would be very nice if the game told you how many scorable rooms (or in the case of DROD RPG, checkpoints) exist which have been solved by one or more other people but not by you. This is in rare cases impossible to infer if there is not at least one person who has solved every room.

Official Hold Progress
Click here to view the secret text

Favorite Unofficial Holds (I need to play more!)

My Holds

09-27-2011 at 06:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
west.logan
Rank Points: 608
icon Re: Hidden Levels Should Be Discoverable (0)  
Has anyone ever told you that you think too much about things like this? :cool

09-27-2011 at 07:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
west.logan
Rank Points: 608
Oh I don't see a problem, you've had lots of good suggestions. It just astounds me is all.

09-27-2011 at 07:19 PM
Rat Man
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 121
I don't follow half those threads either. So much reading, so little time!

09-28-2011 at 10:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
tldr
10-01-2011 at 09:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Hidden Levels Should Be Discoverable (wherein blah blah blah)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com