Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Zombie Invaders (A Zombie hold based on a popular computer game)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
bungeezombie
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15
IP: Logged

File: Zombie Invaders Demo.hold (1011.6 KB)
Downloaded 62 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Zombie Invaders (+2)  
The 2nd Wave is pretty hard so thats why I allowed Anyone to edit it :)

Please don't post any mean comments! :angry

Try to enjoy this hold too! :pope

[Last edited by bungeezombie at 09-01-2011 08:07 PM]
09-01-2011 at 08:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
da rogu3
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 491
icon Re: Zombie Invaders (+1)  
Interesting. Very plants vs zombies inspired.

It can get a bit frustrating if you don't play in editor mode, the lack of checkpoints and randomly spawning monsters make it trial and error. If you don't want the player to keep using a checkpoint after each wave, then you can have 1 or 2 checkpoints on top of trapdoors. That way, they can only be used once.

Only other annoyance is the unpredictability of some of the monsters. I'd expect wraithwings to move like wraithwings, and not by some scripted sequence. Also, the slayer at the end can easily be killed.

Overall, fair try on delivering something different, although I don't think the concept translates into drod too well. (killing monsters is mostly trivial, and even surviving a slayer isn't much of a challenge)

[Last edited by da rogu3 at 09-01-2011 08:50 PM]
09-01-2011 at 08:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bungeezombie
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15
icon Re: Zombie Invaders (+1)  
I give you a tip,

Click here to view the secret text
:pepsi (I don't know why I put the pepsi smiley)
I just like it!
09-02-2011 at 02:10 AM
da rogu3
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 491
icon Re: Zombie Invaders (0)  
bungeezombie wrote:
Try pressing the wait key in comfortable pace so when a monster comes, you can easily kill it
My main point was that the player has no way of knowing when or where the monsters will appear. Which makes it frustrating if a roach appears right behind you, for example.

[Last edited by da rogu3 at 09-02-2011 03:45 PM]
09-02-2011 at 03:44 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Zombie Invaders (A Zombie hold based on a popular computer game)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com