Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Archipelago : Eighth Island : Entrance
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
mariapm
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 19
IP: Logged

File: 8th island.JPG (129.6 KB)
Downloaded 62 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Archipelago : Eighth Island : Entrance (0)  
OK,here we go again with the questions. All right with the roaches,just a matter of making the..whatever-the-black-things-are-called, move to the right place. BUT Iīm suspectig that there's a point of no return to their movements because once there are no roaches they change their behaviour. I can make the mimic kill one of them, but the other one stays somewhere over the water area and I canīt make it come back. I posted a picture of my last position.
By the way, either I'm the only one playing this hold- and asking for help-or everyone has figured out how to find the way from island to island by his own (I checked for hints for the rest of them and there isnīt a single question posted !!!)
08-25-2011 at 03:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
TFMurphy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3118
IP: Logged
icon Re: Archipelago : Eighth Island : Entrance (+1)  
mariapm wrote:
By the way, either I'm the only one playing this hold- and asking for help-or everyone has figured out how to find the way from island to island by his own (I checked for hints for the rest of them and there isnīt a single question posted !!!)
A bit of both. Very few people have gotten as far as you, as it's both a very difficult hold (and only gets more difficult as you continue), and there have been a lot of other holds released at the same time (including the latest SmS).

mariapm wrote:
BUT Iīm suspectig that there's a point of no return to their movements because once there are no roaches they change their behaviour. I can make the mimic kill one of them, but the other one stays somewhere over the water area and I canīt make it come back.
Yes, there's no recovering from the position you're in in that screenshot. Try again with both of them alive: it's easier if they're in a vertical line above the decoy.
08-25-2011 at 03:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Archipelago : Eighth Island : Entrance
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com