Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Hydrophobia: Prophecy
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Briareos
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3516
IP: Logged
icon Hydrophobia: Prophecy (0)  
Since it's currently on "Midweek Madness" sale at Steam for 3$/2.5€/2.25£ I thought I'd mention Hydrophobia: Prophecy (it's marked as "16+" due to "violence" in the Steam store, hence the age verification - though it's definitely less violent than the latest Tomb Raider games and those are rated "Teen" - whatever... :|).

It's a nice little (hence a bit short at 4-5 hours) 3rd person platform/shooting game that takes place on a ship that's been partially flooded thanks to being under attack by terrorists, so you'll encounter a lot of water, which is the one thing the game does better than all other games I've played to date.

The water here isn't just some flat plane showing reflections and a few ripples that rises and falls when convenient, but a mixture of sprays, waves and pools that sloshes around dragging you and your enemies along if you manage to stand in it's way - shooting glass windows to water-filled rooms while an unsuspecting enemy walks along it is a nice way of dealing with them, as is shooting powerlines to electrify the surrounding water and similar stuff.

I've found TotalBiscuit's review to be quite good, so give it a look if you're on the fence...

(I do have to say that the game is a bit demanding in the hardware department, but with a dual-core CPU and a recent-ish graphics card it should run quite well...)

np: Boxcutter - Panama (The Dissolve)

06-29-2011 at 11:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Hydrophobia: Prophecy
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com