Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok (v1.2.3 includes Linux version and Russian translation)
Page 4 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Heroinefan
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
IP: Logged
icon Re: Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok (0)  
Radiant wrote:
Version 1.2.2 is now available on Steam.

Changes to gameplay:
Added Linux support.
Added Russian translation.

Allow dealing with Aurvandel regardless of earlier actions.
Improved the way NPCs deal with chairs, resting heroine, and some unusual situations.
Improved topography of Nidavellir regarding stairs up and Sixth Sense spell.
Prevent starvation on first day at lowest difficulty.
Svartalf spells no longer take damage from flame aura, and heroine's spells take no damage from duergar stone form.
And fixes for reported bugs, including Thrivaldi's final words repeating; score popup not showing in rare circumstances; crash on empty leaderboard name, in Sigurd's kitchen at dawn, opening sigil after Thrivaldi's demise, and repeating spell in the time loop chamber; fox and Heronus occasionally not returning if they flee; up button disappearing in near-empty inventory; losing to Sigurd in bone cave; interaction of Andvari's puzzle with automap; and Fremont's idle loop.
Saved games from 1.2 and up are fully compatible with 1.2.2. Earlier saved games are not compatible.

New content since I was here last? What about ato2k any new stuff?
01-25-2017 at 01:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
Not yet but it's planned to go to Greenlight later this year.

01-25-2017 at 06:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Heroinefan
Radiant wrote:
Not yet but it's planned to go to Greenlight later this year.

In atotk cool,
Improved the way NPCs deal with chairs, resting heroine, and some unusual situations.
but with heroines quest, dose the update I received ie new situations, mean new scenes or content, like new responses?

BTW do you guys know anything about mages initiation, this is getting silly what a decade now since I first read about it?

Some of the younger people waiting for it are probably married with children of there own now.

May just be my impatience talking but I could probably give Himalayan (AGDI) 10k and it would not make a wit of difference in speeding this up.

I know they probably consulted you guys on this project or asked for aid from your people. I would.

This game has also been geenlit so long its on its way to becoming a marvel superhero.

Its been funded so much it can now run for political office on a conservative platform.

Tested so much, its likely resulted in scientific breakthroughs that just may earn agdi the peace prize.

Small islands have probably risen and fallen at sea, in the time this has taken.

Soon technology will advance to such a degree that it will actually be hard to run it...its even possible if it go's much further: the return of Christ may occur in the interim creating problems for agdi in customers actually, playing the game. (people will be to busy buying and selling), Cleaning blood out of there pools, dodging meteors and the like.
:lol

[Last edited by Heroinefan at 01-25-2017 08:08 PM]
01-25-2017 at 07:24 PM
Radiant
Heroinefan wrote:
but with heroines quest, dose the update I received ie new situations, mean new scenes or content, like new responses?
No, it's strictly bugfixes.

BTW do you guys know anything about mages initiation, this is getting silly what a decade now since I first read about it?
This is not the place to ask that. Please go to their official forum (or their kickstarter) and ask there. But yeah, they're giving Duke Nukem Whenever a run for his money.

01-25-2017 at 09:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Heroinefan
Radiant wrote:
Heroinefan wrote:
No, it's strictly bugfixes.

This is not the place to ask that. Please go to their official forum (or their kickstarter) and ask there. But yeah, they're giving Duke Nukem Whenever a run for his money.

Yeah, sorry for the comedy, its just its another qfg style game with prop a dash of harry potter, members of the community tend to help each other out, so I was wondering if you might have some idea.

I know how much has to be put into a game like this. I am a bit of a hound for nostalgic adventure games as long as they are thoughtful and compelling.

Your heroines quest, a, ato2k were master pieces above and beyond. I'm just wanting the next one. I cant derive a stright awnser from there postings and you seem like cool people thought I would ask.

Qfi was good and I heard you helped out on that but your games were much better less snarky. I loved them and took them seriously. Kings quest quality and I can give no higher praise than that.

I hoped you guys would make another title as well.
01-27-2017 at 02:07 AM
Fizzii
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
We don't actually keep contact with the Himalaya guys, and I only have limited contact with the IQ guys nowadays.

From Mage's Kickstarter comments section, they're in beta at the moment. No indication as to how long the beta phase will be.

As for whether we'll make another game again, we're keeping our options open but want to finish off our other projects which we have underway first. Best for us to focus on one project at a time rather than having several on the go.
01-27-2017 at 05:26 AM
Heroinefan
Fizzii wrote:
We don't actually keep contact with the Himalaya guys, and I only have limited contact with the IQ guys nowadays.

From Mage's Kickstarter comments section, they're in beta at the moment. No indication as to how long the beta phase will be.

As for whether we'll make another game again, we're keeping our options open but want to finish off our other projects which we have underway first. Best for us to focus on one project at a time rather than having several on the go.

Are the new projects games or polishing previous releases? ie bug fixs art changes and the like?

Yet really I noticed no bugs not even a year ago they were flawless. You actually did better than quest for glory 3 in that regard. I played hq 6 times with no bugs 1 year ago that I encountered.

The game certainly never shut down giving me a error you did something we did not expect. You beat a Sierra official release and the queen of all games herself in terms of quality for probably a lot less money!

You should have just added fun stuff like the qfi guys did like secret rooms and more eggs. Things to discover.

Just because you make a game dose not mean you need be done with it as long as the basic story and charters keep there integrity.
01-27-2017 at 08:00 PM
Fizzii
Our current project is Leylines, which is having a full graphical upgrade, and updated for multiple resolutions and multiplayer support.

Then it's a deluxe version of ATOTK, with some improved art, bit mainly featuring a new voice pack (which we haven't organised yet).

HQ does have lots of eggs. And you can argue that the Swartalf realm has plenty of hidden rooms :p. Sure it ties into the gameplay, but I personally prefer that to rooms that don't have a real function.

[Last edited by Fizzii at 01-28-2017 06:29 AM]
01-28-2017 at 06:26 AM
Heroinefan
Fizzii wrote:
Our current project is Leylines, which is having a full graphical upgrade, and updated for multiple resolutions and multiplayer support.

Then it's a deluxe version of ATOTK, with some improved art, bit mainly featuring a new voice pack (which we haven't organised yet).

HQ does have lots of eggs. And you can argue that the Swartalf realm has plenty of hidden rooms :p. Sure it ties into the gameplay, but I personally prefer that to rooms that don't have a real function.

Is there a old voice pack for ATOTK? I have never played it voice acted. I Would really like to, even if the current voice pack has mispronunciations.

Also I wish branwynn (I always think Brandywine the dragon) was a bit more romantic to whiteblade, when you click on her, the game thinks you want to train, not give her a hug or anything.

*The woman, not the colorful dragon form the legend of k, series*

I mean, just because she has amazon traits, without a amazon body, and is a fighter, he must care for her.

So why dose it not say no time for romance, instead of no time for fighting? Why would he want to spar with his wife in a library?

Hug her, I understand because returning to that castle would be in some ways like Dias returning to the sacred forest, with the bandits still there, in SOSE/SO2S. Could not be easy.

Its already unclear to the player there relationship, I mean I did not ever want to post this, but the first time I played this I thought she was his motherly big sis.

You might want to change beloved to love or switch between the two...or make her a bit possessive but less family like, given her personalty type.

She is already clearly concerned enough though..its just not very capt obvious enough in what way. Needs to be mildly suggestive that shes is his, common law warrior woman wife.

The reason I post it now is because I learn your releasing voice acting and probably looking at the dialog in light of what you told me...a bit back...of thinking you did not make that as clear as you would have liked.

[Last edited by Heroinefan at 01-28-2017 10:56 PM]
01-28-2017 at 10:50 PM
Fizzii
No, there isn't any old voice pack of ATOTK. We did consider it back in the day, but couldn't find suitable voice actors at the time, and our consensus is always that NO voice pack is better than a poor quality one.

And yeah, I plan to do an animation of Branwyn hugging Maeldun, I just need to remember to do it.
01-29-2017 at 02:09 AM
Radiant
Heroinefan wrote: secret rooms and more eggs. Things to discover.
Off the top of my head, HQ:THoR has five secret rooms (six if you count Loki) and at least one graphical easter egg for every single VGA-era Sierra or LucasArts game, and a few more from our own earlier games.

Heroinefan wrote:
Also I wish branwynn (I always think Brandywine the dragon)
Branwyn is a Celtic name, like most names in ATOTK.

01-29-2017 at 11:17 AM
Heroinefan
Yeah your names and lore are usually right on the money, that\'s what I like about your lore...it gives it the feel of visionary fiction and I am left with a satisfied feeling.

As to Brandywine, I guess I thought her a cute character, so with it rhyming and them both being adventure game characters I make the association, Perhaps I am also trying trying to make bran a bit more enduring in my mind.

Shes a bit stark you know, in personalty. Yet she dose care about Whiteblade. I would like to learn of whiteblade\'s father though.

I have a development question...did...did...you guys think of the old Luke *Whiteblade* I am your father routine when confronting the evil wizard at the end?

His father was a wizard, that\'s where he got the belt from...yes you heard me...belt. lol

I don\'t think he has mead belly to hide behind a corset, nor did I get the feeling he was into the kinky stuff. He just dose not strike me as a \'\'lets do the timewarp\'\' kind of guy. :lol

(I dont use his first name often because cant remember the spelling of it)
01-29-2017 at 10:28 PM
Heroinefan
Heroinefan wrote:
Yeah your names and lore are usually right on the money, that\\\'s what I like about your lore...it gives it the feel of visionary fiction and I am left with a satisfied feeling.

As to Brandywine, I guess I thought her a cute character, so with it rhyming and them both being adventure game characters I make the association, Perhaps I am also trying trying to make bran a bit more enduring in my mind.

Shes a bit stark you know, in personalty. Yet she dose care about Whiteblade. I would like to learn of whiteblade\\\'s father though.

I have a development question...did...did...you guys think of the old Luke *Whiteblade* I am your father routine when confronting the evil wizard at the end?

His father was a wizard, that\\\'s where he got the belt from...yes you heard me...belt. lol

I don\\\'t think he has mead belly to hide behind a corset, nor did I get the feeling he was into the kinky stuff. He just dose not strike me as a \\\'\\\'lets do the timewarp\\\'\\\' kind of guy. :lol

(I dont use his first name often because cant remember the spelling of it)

Edit:

Cant you guys just buy the licensing rights to use the qfg series characters? It could not be much at this late date.
01-29-2017 at 10:31 PM
Iggi
Rank Points: 10
Radiant wrote:
Version 1.2.2 is now available on Steam.

Added Linux support.

I've seen that Heroine's Quest is not only available on Steam, but also on itch.io, Game Jolt, Indie DB, IndieGameStand and Mod DB, which is amazing :thumbsup

Unfortunately the Linux archives seems to be missing the actual binaries (ags32 & ags64) there, so the game obviously cannot be started. The other games with Linux versions (Infinite Monkeys, META, Root of All Evil, Monkeys to the Moon and Errand) seem to have the same problem.

Would it be able to fix the archives?

[Last edited by Iggi at 02-12-2017 12:10 PM]
02-12-2017 at 12:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Radiant
Hm, an unfortunate oversight in batch processing. Yes, I'll upload a fix this week.

02-12-2017 at 08:02 PM
Radiant
I've fixed and re-uploaded all of the smaller games; give me a couple days for HQ.

02-14-2017 at 08:47 PM
Iggi
Thanks a lot, the games are working as expected now!
02-15-2017 at 10:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
friday
I found this game recently after reading about in some other forum. It certainly feels like the original Hero's Quest aka Quest For Glory game. Well done. I played it a few hours, really like, decided it is well worth paying for, and hope you make another.

08-02-2017 at 04:20 AM
Page 4 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok (v1.2.3 includes Linux version and Russian translation)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com