Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Vampiric Tower
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Tim
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1979
IP: Logged

File: vamp_tower.png (112.6 KB)
Downloaded 355 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Vampiric Tower (+3)  
Vampiric Tower is a game for (DOS) PC released in 2000. It's an interesting puzzle game, similar to the Lolo games.

The idea in Vampiric Tower is to collect all the "vials of blood" in each room, and leave the room.
Some of the potions gives the ability for you to transform into a bat. As a bat you can fly over pots and spikes, but you can't push things or collect the vials.

Monsters similar to those in Lolo/Eggerland are here too. There are pumpkins that kill you if you're in the same line as them.
And ghosts that only kills you if you're in their sight, but only after you've collected all the vials in the room.

It has 50 levels, and is somewhat challenging. I'd say it's about 5 brains (about normal difficulty).
It's definitely a good diversion for a day or two.

Download from this page

PS. It's an old DOS game, so you'd probably need some DOS emulation before you can play it.

[Last edited by Tim at 04-27-2011 01:09 PM]
04-27-2011 at 01:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rat Man
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 121
icon Re: Vampiric Tower (0)  
Hah! I know this game! It was actually one of the first games I ever played in DOSBox. It's worth it to download DOSBox even though you have to go through the trouble of figuring it out (not too hard) and mounting a drive (a pain). Why? Not because this is the best game ever devised, but because you'll also be able to play so many classic DOS games available for download on the Internet.

[Last edited by Rat Man at 04-27-2011 08:24 PM]
04-27-2011 at 08:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
There are programs that automate most of the configuration for you, which are fairly nifty if your not that command line literate.

More on topic, another game jumping on the vampire bandwagon, sigh. *

*Because the forum seems quite adept at taking things the wrong way atm, you should know that was a joke.
05-01-2011 at 04:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
Which? I know GOG pre-configure DOS-box, but usually you have to mount/configure the game dir itself...
05-01-2011 at 10:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
I could be talking about the wrong thing, but the frontends here I found helpful.
05-01-2011 at 10:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Vampiric Tower
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com