Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Back To The Future: The Game (Episode 1 now available for free)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Briareos
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3516
IP: Logged
icon Back To The Future: The Game (+2)  
In case anyone hadn't heard from Telltale's new 5-episode Back To The Future game yet, or wasn't sure whether to get it or not - the first episode is now freely downloadable... :)

(As far as I can see the only requirement is to have an account on the Telltalegames.com page as your available downloads are connected to it, but that's it - same principle as a Smitemaster's Selection...)

As for the game - I've played through all three episodes that have been released by now and really enjoyed them.

They didn't get Michael J. Fox to voice Marty (due to his Parkinson's), but they got Christopher Lloyd as Doc Brown and Claudia Wells as Jennifer - and A. J. Locascio is doing a really great Marty McFly impression... :)

np: Rudi Zygadlo - Opiate Of The Mass (Great Western Laymen)

[Last edited by Briareos at 04-02-2011 11:23 AM]
04-02-2011 at 11:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
icon Re: Back To The Future: The Game (-1)  
Briareos wrote:
They didn't get Michael J. Fox to voice Marty
I'd heard he was a bit shaky about it, yeah.
04-04-2011 at 08:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
icon Re: Back To The Future: The Game (0)  
Sounds interesting.. though having looked through the website, there appears to be absolutely no clue as to actual gameplay at all, just cinematics ;)

While a free episode will obviously answer my questions, before I download 368mb worth of game - what's it like gameplay wise? In particular, how many hours would an episode last you?
04-04-2011 at 10:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
icon Re: Back To The Future: The Game (+1)  
TripleM wrote:
While a free episode will obviously answer my questions, before I download 368mb worth of game - what's it like gameplay wise? In particular, how many hours would an episode last you?
Well, since it's from Telltale it's an adventure game where you guide Marty through a new series of mishaps and almost fix them only to get into more trouble, using either the mouse (grab-and-drag to move), mouse and keyboard (WASD/cursor keys) or a gamepad; and well, the beginning is quite full of cinematics.

IIRC I've taken 5 or so hours for the first episode. Here's a video of the first half hour or so which should provide more insight about the gameplay... :)

04-04-2011 at 01:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
jeanjane
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
icon Re: Back To The Future: The Game (0)  
Sounds Interesting ;)
05-06-2011 at 05:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Back To The Future: The Game (Episode 1 now available for free)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com