Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Player Exporting issue in RPG bug (move thread here)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
techant
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 854
IP: Logged
icon Player Exporting issue in RPG bug (0)  
I started a thread and was unsure of where to place it. It seems like it should be here.

It is at

http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=31499&page=0#312691

Could someone move it here, please.

03-29-2011 at 03:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
icon Re: Player Exporting issue in RPG bug (0)  
Agreed about moving your post here, but I'm afraid I can only munge posts & topics in the H&S forums...

Anyway - one thing you could check is whether the game's memory usade balloons to 2GB during the export, because that's the maximum amount of memory it can use under 32-bit Windows, and as soon as this happens Bad Things (like a crash) start to happen, especially since most programs don't expect the available memory to run out...

To check open XPs Task Manager, switch to the process list, sort by name so DROD will stay put in the list and look at the value in the "VM size" column (if you don't have that column, you can add it via "View > Select columns...") - if that value approaches 2,097,152 K it's highly probable for the game to go boom shortly afterwards... :(

If that's what is happening then Mike or somebody else who's in touch with the code will have to find ways to make the game use less memory on export (and perhaps import) to fix the problem - IIRC exporting/importing in "regular" DROD did have similar problems at one time.

np: The Orb - Delta Mk II (Love Bites Mix) (Orblivion Versions)

03-29-2011 at 12:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
techant
Rank Points: 854

File: 004.jpg (313 KB)
Downloaded 49 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Player Exporting issue in RPG bug (0)  
I did what you asked and got it crashing at about 740,000KB not the 2mill you expected. I have a print screen image if you want to see.

[Last edited by techant at 03-29-2011 10:04 PM]
03-29-2011 at 10:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Rank Points: 2671
icon Re: Player Exporting issue in RPG bug (+2)  
This thread is a duplicate of a now-fixed bug and can have its status changed to fixed or verified.

[Last edited by kieranmillar at 01-03-2016 06:40 PM]
01-03-2016 at 06:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Player Exporting issue in RPG bug (move thread here)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com