Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Advanced Concepts : Seep : 1 North, 1 East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
ExplodingCabbage
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 17
IP: Logged
icon Advanced Concepts : Seep : 1 North, 1 East (+1)  
Man, I must be missing a trick here because I have what seems to be a perfectly sound proof in my head that this room is impossible. Which of the following are true and which are untrue?

1) At the start of the room, the only things I can do that have any effect on anything are stepping on the pressure plate at (14,17) or on the Force Arrow Token at (18,22)

2) If I step on the plate first, the Seep will move to (3,4) regardless of what I do, and no further.

3) If I step on the plate and the seep moves to (3,4), then the only thing left that I can do that will have any effect on anything is stepping on the token. However, I then unavoidably get sealed in and can never step off the token.

4) If I step on the token first instead of the plate, I can't do anything until the bomb goes off. When that happens, there's no way I can ever move the seep or kill it.

5) Therefore, the room is impossible.

Edit: Oh man, stumbled upon the solution seconds after posting. I'd completely forgotten that
Click here to view the secret text

In other words,
Click here to view the secret text
is untrue.

[Last edited by ExplodingCabbage at 03-07-2011 03:39 AM]
03-07-2011 at 03:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Advanced Concepts : Seep : 1 North, 1 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com