Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : The Storys Beneth VER 0.0.3 (Hallo)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
MineCraft98
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: The Story Beneth.drh (2.7 KB)
Downloaded 70 times.
License: Public Domain
icon The Storys Beneth VER 0.0.3 (0)  
Hay sorry about that i lost my password to my other account D:< but heres the game UPDATE

[Last edited by MineCraft98 at 12-29-2010 06:12 AM]
12-27-2010 at 08:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
12th Archivist
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 789
icon Re: The Storys Beneth (0)  
MineCraft98 wrote:
Hay sorry about that i lost my password to my other account D:< but heres the game
You can always ask the Caravel Support for your password. If you lose your password, left click on the "Lost your password?" blue text so that you will get an email that informs you of that password.

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
12-27-2010 at 09:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
MineCraft98
Naaa...

Easyr just to create another account.

but thanks for the idea :)

12-27-2010 at 09:32 PM
MineCraft98
Hears an onist Question but does any one like the story so far that im putting into the HOLD? :hmmm:

[Last edited by MineCraft98 at 12-27-2010 10:51 PM]
12-27-2010 at 10:51 PM
12th Archivist
Looking at the hold so far, I see a story that has nothing to do with the actual hold that I am currently playing through. It appears as if I am entering a building of some sort while reading notes left by the last intruder.

So, if you want to keep your story the way it is (meaning the player is doing the storytelling and experiencing the stuff mentioned in the scroll), I suggest a significant alteration of the current architecture, turning it into a more active experience instead of a mere observation for the player. Primarily, use other, non-battle characters to show the player being affected by the current story. This would require the use of cutscenes, speech, movement, timing, and an overall lot of effort to make it right. However, if you pulled this off, I, and likely many others, would greatly appreciate the work and enjoy your story and hold to its fullest.

Or, you could change the story to the example I stated above (the player is infiltrating a fortress and reading the notes left behind by another infiltrator). This would require less work regarding scripting, letting you focus more on architecture and puzzles, though you would have to put more effort into the story to make it more interesting. A person breaking into a fortress and reading noted made by another intruder is not particularly interesting by itself, but with some creativity and imagination, it could be made into a very nifty experience for the player.

Your third option, of course, is to simply do away with the story. Unless you have amazing skill incorporating an epic tale into the architecture of a hold, the general consensus is that people would prefer it if you created a plot-less hold with good puzzles followed by writing you epic story in book form.

So, to answer your question, the story you are writing has potential to be interesting, but should probably not be put into your hold. Continue building your hold and continue writing your story, but you might get a better critical reception if you keep the two separated.

12-27-2010 at 11:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
MineCraft98
Aparently i was going to save this moment in th next update but the wrighter of the notes enterd the building to scatter the notes around to exsplain hes story becouse he wanted to tell his tale but he scatterd therm in the hold to make it more intresting.

12-28-2010 at 12:29 AM
Samuel
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 69
I have downloaded this Level Set and will play it shortly and reply with feedback.

even if it's in your mind. Who's to
say that dreams and nightmares
aren't as real as the here and now?
John Lennon
12-29-2010 at 04:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Samuel
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 69

File: The Story Beneth Notes.txt (1.2 KB)
Downloaded 55 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: The Storys Beneth (+1)  
Excuse my double posting, but here are my notes on what to improve in your Level Set.

even if it's in your mind. Who's to
say that dreams and nightmares
aren't as real as the here and now?
John Lennon
12-29-2010 at 05:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
MineCraft98
Thanks samual i well work on it :D

12-29-2010 at 06:08 AM
MineCraft98
icon Re: The Storys Beneth VER 0.0.3 (+1)  
UPDATE!!!

12-29-2010 at 06:13 AM
12th Archivist
icon Re: The Storys Beneth VER 0.0.3 (+2)  
Spelling/grammatical errors are listed here in the edited quotes. Red words, sometimes placed after words with a line through it (indicating that word uses grammar or spelling incorrectly) is the proper English format. Green text adds letters, words, and punctuation.

First Floor Entrance Text:
Comment: Should be changed from "Entrance 1" to something more descriptive. Or, you can edit the level entrance and uncheck "Show entrance description" to hide the entrance text altogether.
First Floor, Entrance: Scroll:
"Chapter 1, Page 1:
I set my feet... on rebel ground. As i I stared at the great city of arelog Arelog, i I begon began to fall...

To be continued...
First Floor, Once East: Speech:
Roach: "Hmm... WHO ARE YOU?!!!
Player: "Why in gods God's name should i I tell you.?
Roach: "fine Fine, be that way... DIE!!!"
First Floor, Once East: Scroll:
Chapter 1, Page 1 2:
As i I woke awoke, i I discovered that i I was being pulled along in chains.

"HAY HEY... HAY HEY, HES HE'S AWAKE!"

"EERrrrr..."

To be continued...
First Floor, Once South, Once East: Scroll:
Chapter 1, Page 3:
As i I tend to wake up, i I hear a voice in the background shoulting shouting out, "HAY HEY! HAY HEY! WAKE UP!"...

To be continued...
Second Floor Entrance Text:
"You wondered wandered down the stair case."
Second Floor, Entrance: Scroll:
Chapter 1, Page 4:
"Err..."

Then i I noticed i I was in a prison cell. but But why?...

What did i I do?

The Strange Man said, "The guards were talking about the city threat and thay they guess that your you're part of the this Threat threat."

To be continued...

These problems were just what I found while quickly scanning the scrolls. Additional problems may be recognized in the future, but this should go a long way toward making your English look better. Note that the scrolls jump between past and present tense; a problem that I did not choose to fix. If you want my advise on choosing one, I suggest you go with present tense, since the person writing these scrolls wrote them as he was experiencing the events detailed in the scrolls.

[Last edited by 12th Archivist at 12-29-2010 07:00 AM]
12-29-2010 at 06:59 AM
MineCraft98
icon Re: The Storys Beneth VER 0.0.3 (0)  
BIG HELP THANKS I HATE SPELLING :thumbsup

12-29-2010 at 08:02 AM
12th Archivist
icon Re: The Storys Beneth VER 0.0.3 (+1)  
MineCraft98 wrote:
BIG HELP THANKS I HATE SPELLING :thumbsup
To reference this post, you should learn to enjoy using the correct usage of spelling and grammar. Not only will you find it easier to talk to us as a forum, but people will probably think more highly of you should you do. Not just because you have the capability of using English correctly (which is appreciated), but also because they will see you took your time and put some care in making sure we could understand your post to an acceptable degree.

Of course, since English is probably not your first language, this may be especially difficult for yourself. Perhaps you could obtain assistance from an older, more knowledgeable figure?

I just wanted to say something and do not wish to derail the thread. Carry on, folks.

12-29-2010 at 08:10 AM
MineCraft98
icon Re: The Storys Beneth VER 0.0.3 (0)  
Does anyone like the sotry sofar im adding into it?

01-03-2011 at 03:54 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : The Storys Beneth VER 0.0.3 (Hallo)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com