Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : mmorpg runescape is stypid no challenges! (mario battle style)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
alberttox3
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
IP: Logged

File: mario battle.drh (988 bytes)
Downloaded 48 times.
License: Public Domain
icon mmorpg runescape is stypid no challenges! (0)  
monster not died and player cant dodge attacks :)

11-21-2010 at 12:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
12th Archivist
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 789
IP: Logged
icon Re: mmorpg runescape is stypid no challenges! (+1)  
Well, first of all, this is an RPG hold, meaning it should go in this sub-board.

Second of all, it would be nice to know what to do. I had to look into the scripting of the roach to understand where I was supposed to step. Also, Mario battle style usually makes the player not be able to perform actions (except for block or counterattack, which can't be emulated here). Perhaps this could be put into the hold in the form of a cut scene while the roach moves?

Third of all, a bit similar to one of the points raised above, Mario battle style does not allow player-controlled movement. Rather, it presents a list of options the player can choose, followed by the machine acting out that choice. Here, this isn't so much of a Mario battle style but instead more of a confusing free-for-all.

To sum it up into three points, this isn't a classic-DROD hold and shouldn't be on the Architecture Board, the level set itself is confusing and does not lend itself to a necessary explanation, and the scripting is not similar to the Mario battle style. I know you're probably just making a point with scripts, but do try to make the scripting obvious so testers know what to do. Sorry if I sound overly harsh, this is just the criticism that came to my mind while playing this hold.

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
11-21-2010 at 05:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : mmorpg runescape is stypid no challenges! (mario battle style)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com