Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Lost in a City
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Shendy
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 132
IP: Logged

File: Lost in a City.hold (55.7 KB)
Downloaded 48 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Lost in a City (0)  
Beethro found himself lost in a strange city and now he must escape from the city.

Edit: Updated. Thanks for your advices.

[Last edited by Shendy at 09-12-2010 05:23 AM : Update]
09-06-2010 at 04:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Zorglub
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 74
icon Re: Lost in a City (0)  
I really liked it! A very good hold to learn DROD with growing difficulty, even though some rooms are tougher than the average (specially when the slayers come into play).
The story was interesting (I usually don't pay too much attention to this), and not too present.
To improve, you could shift the arrows when on the very entrance of a room (for example City 1N1W). It requires a restore to change sword orientation on first move.

Funny how easy for an aumtlich to kill a slayer!

09-06-2010 at 04:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1486
Aumtlich Territory 5N1E: You can step on a sword token as many times as you like by going N/S on the arrows.
09-10-2010 at 05:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
BoyBlue
Rank Points: 547
I haven't finished this hold yet, but here are some comments.

Click here to view the secret text

09-11-2010 at 01:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
I kind of have a problem with the hold. The rooms are easy, but quite good. To me easy rooms makes for a quick diversion, but this hold is way too big to serve as a quick diversion. I guess, though, that it is a perfect hold for players that find the big oficial holds too dificult, but still likes the concept of DROD, and are looking for something a bit easier.

So I guess my comment is good job! Not really my cup of tea. If you want to make it more apealing for me I would sugest breaking up this hold in some smaller holds. Others might love a big, easy hold.
09-11-2010 at 01:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Lost in a City
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com