Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Koenigsburg Swamps : Swamps of Koenigsburg : 1 North, 2 East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
krukef
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 19
IP: Logged
icon Koenigsburg Swamps : Swamps of Koenigsburg : 1 North, 2 East (0)  
Hi everyone, I believe that snake must step on pressure plate 15,12. Roaches think I must die. How do I get the snake there?
Thank you
08-12-2010 at 05:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mxvladi
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2505
icon Re: Koenigsburg Swamps : Swamps of Koenigsburg : 1 North, 2 East (+2)  
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by mxvladi at 08-12-2010 05:24 PM]
08-12-2010 at 05:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
krukef
Rank Points: 19
icon Re: Koenigsburg Swamps : Swamps of Koenigsburg : 1 North, 2 East (0)  
I make it to 10,6 to 8,5 and back to 10,6 orb but than there is too many roaches and not too many moves left to make it back to 8,5 orb. I would need some double green potion: 4 moves for me one for monsters. That would be great!

Anyway thanks for fast reply

08-12-2010 at 05:41 PM
mxvladi
icon Re: Koenigsburg Swamps : Swamps of Koenigsburg : 1 North, 2 East (+1)  

08-12-2010 at 06:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
LvanPelt
Rank Points: 25
krukef wrote:
Hi everyone, I believe that snake must step on pressure plate 15,12. Roaches think I must die. How do I get the snake there?
Thank you

I did it by let the snake kill himself on a yellow gate.
to solve the room I did'n t use the mirror on 12,16
you can activate the pressure plates in other way.

LvanPelt

[Last edited by LvanPelt at 08-13-2010 02:25 PM]
08-13-2010 at 02:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
SirNiko
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 62
This one is befuddling me. I started with the mirror in the top-left section of the room (12,16, which means I kill the two brains first) and got that on one of the three pressure plates. My assumption is that I must get the mirrors from the top right and bottom right sections to the other two pressure plates to open the path to the green gate.

I can clear the monsters from the top-right section after the brains are dead, but when I'm done I can't get the mirror out - the corner with the pressure plate just below the hot plates gets the mirror stuck, and if I try to bring my sword I get stuck when the trapdoors fall out. The raft does not appear to be of any help, as the trapdoor nearest the mirror cannot be avoided with the raft. So, either I need to figure out how to get the mirror out without the sword, or figure out how to get the sword to the mirror without blocking my exit.

I can also clear the bottom right section, but then I am trapped when I'm done. I see the pressure plate that lets me open the exit, but if I stick the mirror there I can't get it out again, and there doesn't seem to be any way to get a monster to hold down the trigger for me while I move to get out. The goblin refuses to move so I can corner him with the mirror, and that doesn't seem like it would help anyway because I want to get the mirror out. Roaches don't seem to help either, as I can't move low enough to make them trigger the door. I can use the mirror to make the top-left roach hold down the plate at the entrance, but that only unlocks one door and does not seem to be of any value.

So, I'm stuck at the moment. I've considered redoing the map and leaving the brains alive longer, but that seems to make the top-right impossible because I can't burn the eyes, and it doesn't seem to help the bottom right because the goblin is just as stubborn.

What am I missing here? Is the trick to not bring one of the mirrors, as Lvan suggested?
03-06-2011 at 02:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ivcha Pivcha
Rank Points: 80

Never read books you aren't sure about . . . even supposing that these bad books are very well written from a literary point of view. Let me ask you this: Would you drink something you knew was poisoned just because it was offered to you in a golden cup? ~ St. John Bosco
03-07-2011 at 09:00 AM
SirNiko
Rank Points: 62
At this point I've solved it, using the same method that Lvan described (except I used the mirror from 12,16 instead of from 28,17).

I'm kind of curious what the solution was supposed to be, and how you get the mirror from 28,17 to the pressure plates.
03-08-2011 at 12:00 AM
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
Ivcha Pivcha wrote:

04-23-2011 at 02:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rank Points: 29
I'm kind of curious what the solution was supposed to be, and how you get the mirror from 28,17 to the pressure plates.

Just managed to do that with the following trick:

Still at a loss as to how you're supposed to get the 23,10 mirror out. Considering how good this hold is, I'd be really disappointed if it were just a red herring.
04-23-2011 at 04:23 PM
Jyri Erik
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
mxvladi wrote:

I'm also having trouble with this part (I've cleared everything ese on the screen). I've tried both clockwise & counterclockwise, so I either need another clue or the demo would help.

Jyri

05-01-2011 at 09:23 PM
mxvladi

File: KS Swamps of Koenigsburg 1N2E.demo (974 bytes)
Downloaded 63 times.
License: Public Domain
Here's demo of that part
05-02-2011 at 05:44 AM
Elswyyr
Rank Points: 22
I can't figure out how to clear the top right with both brains dead, and me not having a speed potion or a sword. Is that what I'm supposed to do? My setup right now is to clear the top left, go back by killing the other brain, and then go to the top right.

EDIT: Thanks, H&S Syndrome. My new problem is to get the stupid snake to go on the 28,24 pressure plate. I assume I need to have killed the brains before doing the bottom right, so I'm having a hard time manipulating it before the goblin kills me. Also I've got no idea how the hell anyone's supposed to get the pressure plates held down and access what I assume is a secret.

[Last edited by Elswyyr at 10-06-2015 02:39 PM]
10-06-2015 at 09:59 AM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Koenigsburg Swamps : Swamps of Koenigsburg : 1 North, 2 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com