Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Krighton's Castle (Currently: Released! (As of 19-Apr-14))
Page 4 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
da rogu3
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 491
IP: Logged
icon Re: Krighton's Castle (0)  
Guards' Barracks 1S2E
Click here to view the secret text

09-10-2013 at 10:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Juanita1
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
icon Re: Krighton's Castle Castle Interior 2N 1E (0)  
How do I get mirrors on the pressure plates on the left side without getting stuck on the arrows?
01-19-2014 at 09:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
12th Archivist
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 789
Juanita1 wrote:
How do I get mirrors on the pressure plates on the left side without getting stuck on the arrows?
You can push them in with your sword, just not with a direct sword stab. For example, say you have a mirror on (9,18). Stand at (11,19) facing northwest and then move a step west. This will push the mirror onto the pressure plate and leave you free.

(How strange someone commented on this hold the day I was going to post a new version.)

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
01-19-2014 at 11:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Juanita1
Rank Points: 13
Thanks so much. Must remember that move.
01-20-2014 at 01:12 AM
calthax
Rank Points: 1
12th Archivist wrote:
Juanita1 wrote:
You can push them in with your sword, just not with a direct sword stab. For example, say you have a mirror on (9,18). Stand at (11,19) facing northwest and then move a step west. This will push the mirror onto the pressure plate and leave you free.

(How strange someone commented on this hold the day I was going to post a new version.)
are you going to post it on the 20th
01-20-2014 at 03:16 AM
12th Archivist

File: Krightons Castle.demo (138 KB)
Downloaded 56 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Krighton's Castle (+2)  
And here we are yet again!

I've moved a few things around, replaced a room or two, and added a few lighting effects, but now I'm satisfied.

I've attached the hold demos here. Most rooms have victory solutions made by either me or blorx. The rest I've solved in the editor, although I know how reassuring that is. I'll make the demos for the last five or so rooms though.

Barring any new bugs found, I think this product is good to go. I won't give myself an explicit deadline, but I'll submit this to the HAs in short time.

Thanks for testing this product, everyone. I know it's been a long three-half-years, but I promise this will reach the light of day. :)

01-20-2014 at 07:02 PM
NoahT
Rank Points: 1133
In Prison Ward, 2N1E, the scripting that disarms Beethro stays in effect after he leaves the room, thus making it impossible to clear most unconquered rooms or get through the Entrance, trapping Beethro in the level. Since 2N1E is covered in oremites anyway, is there a particular reason for that scripting?

-Noah

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

01-21-2014 at 08:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
12th Archivist
NoahT wrote:
In Prison Ward, 2N1E, the scripting that disarms Beethro stays in effect after he leaves the room, thus making it impossible to clear most unconquered rooms or get through the Entrance, trapping Beethro in the level. Since 2N1E is covered in oremites anyway, is there a particular reason for that scripting?

-Noah
The room wasn't originally covered in oremites, hence the script command. I thought I had taken that character out. D'oh! I've released a new version to fix this.

01-21-2014 at 07:02 PM
Chaco
Rank Points: 3624

File: KC Guards Barracks 1N Victory.demo (1.9 KB)
Downloaded 47 times.
Unintended solution demo #1

02-04-2014 at 05:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3624

File: KC Guards Barracks 2S1E Victory.demo (1.7 KB)
Downloaded 45 times.
Unintended solution demo #2

02-04-2014 at 05:16 AM
Page 4 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Krighton's Castle (Currently: Released! (As of 19-Apr-14))
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com