Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Hold rating suggestion
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
RoboBob3000
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1978
IP: Logged
icon Hold rating suggestion (0)  
I've noticed that some holds, despite being downloaded a couple hundred times, have hardly been rated at all. Perhaps that is because it isn't entirely clear to a casual player who doesn't inhabit the forum where it can be judged. Maybe to increase the total number of ratings for each posted hold, you could make rating them possible from the holds page, or at the very least change the "discuss" link so it says "discuss/rate".

What do you think?

07-01-2004 at 08:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Drizzo
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 179
icon Re: Hold rating suggestion (0)  
what I'd like to see with hold ratings is a separate difficulty and fun rating, because some holds are difficult and ingeniously fun, while others just hurt your brain. As it is now, it's somewhat a combination of both.

and agreed with RoboBob, it'd be cool to have more feedback, for folks who don't read all the forums.

07-01-2004 at 05:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Hold rating suggestion (+1)  
But they are separate now...there's the "brains" rating for diffuclty and the "yellow door" rating for overall fun factor.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
07-01-2004 at 05:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Drizzo
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 179
icon Re: Hold rating suggestion (0)  
Oneiromancer wrote:
But they are separate now...there's the "brains" rating for diffuclty and the "yellow door" rating for overall fun factor.

Game on,

Shows how long its been since I've rated a hold... everything I play comes off architecture

edit: wait no, that's how it always has been, it just happens that the difficulty is rated by the author, which doesn't seem to really work, if you ask me.

[Edited by Drizzo on 07-02-2004 at 12:05 AM GMT]

07-02-2004 at 01:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
Drizzo wrote:
edit: wait no, that's how it always has been, it just happens that the difficulty is rated by the author...
Actually, that's just how difficult the author thinks the hold is, you're perfectly free to rank it yourself as well so the public can get a feel for how difficult it ACTUALLY is, since the author's view is always skewed.

07-02-2004 at 01:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
drizzo wrote:
edit: wait no, that's how it always has been, it just happens that the difficulty is rated by the author, which doesn't seem to really work, if you ask me.

Actually, you can vote difficulty. Above the pull down menu is 10 brains for you to judge difficuly in half brain intervals.

Edit: Argh! People are always faster than me!

[Edited by gamer_extreme_101 on 07-02-2004 at 12:56 AM GMT]

07-02-2004 at 01:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Hold rating suggestion
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com