Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Feature Requests : Different combat events (Assist in scripting)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3623
IP: Logged
icon Different combat events (0)  
I'd like to request two events to complement and perform slightly different functions to the current "Wait for event Monster Engaged".

* Wait for event Combat Occurs

- This would trigger whenever combat occurs in any fashion. Currently Wait for event Monster Engaged does not fire when combat occurs, for example, due to a hostile NPC moving into the player and fighting him that way. This event would take into account all combat in the room, whether player-engaged or not. Should NPC to NPC fighting be implemented, an option to take that into account would be good too.

* Wait for event Player Fights Me

- This would only trigger if the player has started combat with the NPC in question. Currently I don't think there's any functionality that duplicates precisely this behavior - the best I can do with commands like "wait for _EnemyHP = 500" and "wait for _EnemyREP = 444" is for an NPC to determine what class of monster the player is fighting, not whether or not the player is fighting him or not.

==

The next RPG update is slated to update variables like _MyHP after every combat round instead of just every turn, which would be useful if an NPC stored its original HP value in a variable and waited for _MyHP to become lower than the variable, but both of these events would be useful.

[Last edited by Chaco at 05-28-2010 09:07 PM]
05-28-2010 at 09:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Feature Requests : Different combat events (Assist in scripting)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com