Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : The King's Will (No, I'm not abandoning Chrono Experiment Kain)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Fang
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 175
IP: Logged
icon Re: The King's Will (0)  
It works fine on my computer, is anyone else subject to this bug as well?

06-28-2010 at 09:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Connoraustin
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15
When I talk to Sark he tells me that I am going to get the apprentice sword then he asks me what type of person I want to train as but when I go to the outside the sword icon appears but it says 'None' and I don't get a statistics boost. :?

06-29-2010 at 03:49 PM
The Stew Boy
Rank Points: 247
Stats on opening the 3 blue doors, having taken the Knight Path:
HP 2739
ATK 49
DEF 22
GR 243
REP 363
Keys 3/1/0/0

The higher HP is partly because I spent a yellow key for 500 HP in 3N.
Also, I spent a fair amount of HP getting my ATK up to 49 (which I didn't have to do on the Warrior path), so that Eighth Legioneers do 384 damage to me, including their initial sword attack.
I still have some HP and keys scattered around behind monsters, including everything in 1S3W except for the stuff behind the green door. I just don't see the point in spending 1 green and 3 yellow keys for an ATK gem and 95 HP (or even 1 green and 2 yellow for 280 HP), since HP isn't that much of an issue for me, and nor is ATK atm.

Awaiting the next part.

Edit: Oh, and I rescued that bird, but I don't know what good it's done. I also don't see the point in going to 3S1E. How does rescuing characters help me?

[Last edited by The Stew Boy at 06-30-2010 09:10 AM]
06-30-2010 at 09:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Fang
The script works fine for me connoraustin, did you take the newest update? I've restarted as well and the sword is given to me as it should, and it works fine. Nobody else is getting this problem at all?

As for rescuing characters, well, that's one way to recruit them.
Edit: 3S1E isn't fully scripted just yet, also. As for 1S3W, it's an alternate route to the one you took. If you take that route you don't have to fight the sword guy as well.

[Last edited by Fang at 07-07-2010 03:09 PM]
07-07-2010 at 03:06 PM
ijack7
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
This is a fun hold to play. Nice job. I got as far as the Swordguard in C3:3W with the following stats:
HP 989
ATK 69
DEF 31
REP 539
4/1/1/0

I didn't have enough HP to defeat the swordguard even with the speed potion. I had enough HP at various places but not enough Greckles to get it. Is the puzzle in C1:1E on the right side still under construction. I was able to get the orb and got an autosave for the orb, but the arrows don't let you get back out, so I had to abandon the effort.
07-15-2010 at 06:55 PM
averagemoe
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 487
Wow I just thought of something really really obvious.

If you just take out that music that you said was from the game you based the hold off of, you could post it outside of the architecture boards.

I know it fits so well, but this hold deserves to be published where people will acually know it's finished.

Speaking of which, if you get tired of working on it Ill be glad to finish it for you, I've already made my own version that has some small improvements. Things like adrmant grandcastle being one level instead of having a spereate one just so you can go see the king. Maybie I'll post it sometime when I'm happy with what I did to improve it.

03-22-2012 at 01:08 AM
Fang
averagemoe wrote:
Wow I just thought of something really really obvious.

If you just take out that music that you said was from the game you based the hold off of, you could post it outside of the architecture boards.

I know it fits so well, but this hold deserves to be published where people will acually know it's finished.

Speaking of which, if you get tired of working on it Ill be glad to finish it for you, I've already made my own version that has some small improvements. Things like adrmant grandcastle being one level instead of having a spereate one just so you can go see the king. Maybie I'll post it sometime when I'm happy with what I did to improve it.

I haven't been around for so long, if you want you can go ahead. I don't really mind, as long as I get credit for spawning the Levelset of course. I didn't do too much now that I look back at it, it was far from finished. I lost the levelset and every other that I made back 2 years ago so it doesn't bother me at all.

Just make sure to keep in the original idea that there would be a lot of recruitable characters in the castle and by unlocking them a script would also unlock them in the castle, and in some cases, the rooms they would be part of as well. Possibly why I stopped updating it along with how busy I got outside of DROD is due to its complexity.

EDIT: Also, the problem with Adrmant GrandCastle having only one level is that I would eventually make the player do a comeback to it, (spoiler) this time as an enemy of it. Toppling over that empire and inaugurating a better kingdom.

[Last edited by Fang at 06-04-2012 12:55 AM]
06-04-2012 at 12:50 AM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : The King's Will (No, I'm not abandoning Chrono Experiment Kain)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com