Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Below Witherwood : Caverns : 1 South
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
junglejane
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 55
IP: Logged
icon Below Witherwood : Caverns : 1 South (0)  
I am amazed that I am the first to question this room. I get as far as destroying the brain, but am then attacked by the briar. I have tried in vain to find where I am messing up. It seems that I need to slow the briar by breaking wall at 36,25 but I am not sure. I start room with sword facing W. Any hints would be gratefully accepted.

And How and Where and Who..... Rudyard Kipling
04-16-2010 at 02:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
jbluestein
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1670
icon Re: Below Witherwood : Caverns : 1 South (+1)  
junglejane wrote:
I am amazed that I am the first to question this room. I get as far as destroying the brain, but am then attacked by the briar. I have tried in vain to find where I am messing up. It seems that I need to slow the briar by breaking wall at 36,25 but I am not sure. I start room with sword facing W. Any hints would be gratefully accepted.

Looking at the room image, it sure looks like killing the brain would result in an immediate halt to briar growth (thanks to that sister green door). Is that not happening?

I don't recall anything particularly problematic with this room -- if you're fast enough to get to the brain before the briar gets you, you should be all set.

Josh

04-16-2010 at 02:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
junglejane
icon Re: Below Witherwood : Caverns : 1 South (0)  
jbluestein wrote:
junglejane wrote:

Looking at the room image, it sure looks like killing the brain would result in an immediate halt to briar growth (thanks to that sister green door). Is that not happening?

I don't recall anything particularly problematic with this room -- if you're fast enough to get to the brain before the briar gets you, you should be all set.

Josh Thank you for your quick response. Your reply tells me, I think, that I am one move behind. Actually the brair gets me at the same moment I strike the brain. I reach the bottom save point when the clock is on 25. Am I losing the stroke before or after this point? It gets awkward at 36,25 area, but I haven't reached brain without striking that wall. Perhaps I could use a demo.

04-16-2010 at 03:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
jbluestein
junglejane wrote:

Thank you for your quick response. Your reply tells me, I think, that I am one move behind. Actually the brair gets me at the same moment I strike the brain. I reach the bottom save point when the clock is on 25. Am I losing the stroke before or after this point? It gets awkward at 36,25 area, but I haven't reached brain without striking that wall. Perhaps I could use a demo.

I'll have to check my demo to make sure. I do remember it as being fairly tight, but yeah, it sounds like you just need to shave off a move somewhere.

Josh

04-16-2010 at 04:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
jbluestein
icon Re: Below Witherwood : Caverns : 1 South (+2)  
OK, some insight for you on this room. Use as much as you need.

Click here to view the secret text

Josh

04-17-2010 at 12:34 AM
junglejane
jbluestein wrote:
OK, some insight for you on this room. Use as much as you need.

Josh
This is the area where I was going wrong. Don't know if I ever would have come up with that on my own. Thank you.

04-17-2010 at 02:45 PM
Sheherazade
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
I think I need some more help on this, what I did was:

11-27-2019 at 07:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2429
icon Re: Below Witherwood : Caverns : 1 South (+1)  

11-27-2019 at 10:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Sheherazade
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
Thanks for the response, I solved it :)

11-28-2019 at 08:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Below Witherwood : Caverns : 1 South
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com