Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Radiant: ATOTK Sidequest Addition.. (Just some thought I had on an ATOTK sidequest..)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
CeilidhaChaos
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Radiant: ATOTK Sidequest Addition.. (0)  
To Radiant:

First of all I wanna tell ya I REALLY enjoyed "A Tale of Two Kingdoms". I'm a big old school Sierra fan, (my all time favorite is the QfG series), and this game is better than even some of the original Sierra's titles.

That said, I found myself feeling very strongly about the whole
Click here to view the secret text
I don't know if it's too late to add things, but I feel compelled enough to write an addition to your sidequest, if not just for fun anyway :).

Hope the following doesn't come across too disjointed, it's straight from my "writing head"... brainstorming if you will..

Ok..

Play out/Resolution:

Misc:

Anyway, that's how I would have liked to see the side quest play out. The game was very enjoyable as it was though, and I'm looking forward to playing some of the other titles!

~Melissa~
CeilidhaChaos
01-28-2010 at 11:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
IP: Logged
icon Re: Radiant: ATOTK Sidequest Addition.. (0)  
Thanks for your story! While I enjoyed reading your interpretation, I must say it doesn't really fit in the story as I imagined it.

The main issue is Ruadh: having lived among humans for such a long time, he is not a fairy any more. Mundanity rubs off on people and erodes sidhe magic like cold iron does. Ruadh may be weird and fae-blooded by human standards, but he lacks the spirit and whimsy to fit into Thierna na Oge; neither Nimwe nor Arawn would want him there. This is a running theme: Oisin didn't belong in Thierna either, and Maeldun would be wise to reject that particular offer.

Before Blossom knew of Ruadh, he simply had no place to go. Since he is not of the Sidhe, he lacks the ability to step out of Thierna na Oge at will; the Gate is not normally open. Furthermore, he assumes (mostly correctly) that a human village wouldn't want him, and at least Thierna na Oge is nice and warm.

The fairy tale ending isn't that now there are two homeless street kids instead of one, it's that no matter how much of an outcast you are, you will find a kindred spirit eventually. Maeldun can also resolve Ruadh's problems with Havgan; so in the (hypothetical) sequel, Ruadh and Blossom would both be living in the now-fixed old house south of the village, rather than in a shipwreck.

I'd be happy to discuss this further, of course. And I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the game!

01-28-2010 at 06:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Radiant: ATOTK Sidequest Addition.. (Just some thought I had on an ATOTK sidequest..)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com