Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Hints and Solutions : Hold Anonymous : Third level : 1 South (How am I supposed to get through this?)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
The Stew Boy
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 247
IP: Logged
icon Hold Anonymous : Third level : 1 South (0)  
I'm not sure how I'm supposed to get into this level, with enough HP to make it through the robbers. My stats are:
Click here to view the secret text

I don't have any health potions left over from level 1 or 2, and even after spending my last two keys getting the shield I still don't have nearly enough stats. I've reached this point on two separate runthroughs, and despite the fact that I'm sure I optimized this one better, I have even less HP than I had last time I made it here.
Also, is it me, or does The Gauntlet not offer much in the way of choices?

I just can't see any other route that's feasible or even possible.

Please tell me I'm missing something.

01-25-2010 at 07:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Lamkin
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 606
icon Re: Hold Anonymous : Third level : 1 South (+1)  
Yeah, you'll need to have several health potions left over from levels 1 and 2.
And your ATK could/should be slightly higher, too, methinks.

Here are my stats right before entering 1 South on level 3:

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I can be of much help to you, as I doubt there is anything glaring that you're missing. Having said that, you could probably optimize level 2 quite a bit better than you had, I suppose.
And, although I realize this is vague and possibly quite obvious, in level 1 you might want to...

You can always PM me if you'd like. Granted I'm no TFMurphy, but I managed somehow to conquer the hold, and I assume that that's all you really want to accomplish. I'll go on record to say that this hold is far and away the most difficult RPG hold that I've played through to date (which includes any portion of Tendry's Tale).
The Stew Boy wrote:
Also, is it me, or does The Gauntlet not offer much in the way of choices?
Nope, it's not you. One obvious hint here is to...

[Last edited by Lamkin at 01-26-2010 04:05 AM]
01-26-2010 at 12:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Krissan
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 89
icon Re: Hold Anonymous : Third level : 1 South (+1)  
I'd say that there's one flaw in your stats when passing through the gauntlet.

I'd really say it pays off to play through Gauntlet several times until you find the absolute minimum you can bring in HP, and then try not to bring anything more than that. I'm pretty much in the same spot - I'm on the third level but with too little HP to get any upgrades, but I know I should be able to save 1000+ by planning the gauntlet better.

[Last edited by Krissan at 01-29-2010 03:39 AM]
01-29-2010 at 03:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Hints and Solutions : Hold Anonymous : Third level : 1 South (How am I supposed to get through this?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com