Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.


Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The Puzzle Catacombs : The Catacombs : 2 North, 1 West
New Topic Post Reply
Poster Message
porcorosso
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 37
Registered: 01-23-2007
IP: Logged
icon The Puzzle Catacombs : The Catacombs : 2 North, 1 West (0)  
Well I thought I have this room pretty much figured out, yet there is one crucial piece missing in my solution.

Click here to view the secret text


I need a baby spawned at 12,1 and drawn to the snake chamber.
No problem there. problem is in the next spawn the 15,30 baby is
formed and I can not rush down to kill the mother in time. What to do ?


01-21-2010 at 09:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
jbluestein
Level: Smitemaster
Avatar
Rank Points: 1642
Registered: 12-23-2005
IP: Logged
icon Re: The Puzzle Catacombs : The Catacombs : 2 North, 1 West (+1)  
quote:
porcorosso wrote:
Well I thought I have this room pretty much figured out, yet there is one crucial piece missing in my solution.

Click here to view the secret text


I need a baby spawned at 12,1 and drawn to the snake chamber.
No problem there. problem is in the next spawn the 15,30 baby is
formed and I can not rush down to kill the mother in time. What to do ?




Well, you have the right idea...

Click here to view the secret text


Josh


____________________________
"Rings and knots of joy and grief, all interlaced and locking." --William Buck
01-21-2010 at 11:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
porcorosso
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 37
Registered: 01-23-2007
IP: Logged
icon Re: The Puzzle Catacombs : The Catacombs : 2 North, 1 West (0)  
quote:
jbluestein wrote:
quote:
porcorosso wrote:
Well I thought I have this room pretty much figured out, yet there is one crucial piece missing in my solution.

Click here to view the secret text


I need a baby spawned at 12,1 and drawn to the snake chamber.
No problem there. problem is in the next spawn the 15,30 baby is
formed and I can not rush down to kill the mother in time. What to do ?




Well, you have the right idea...

Click here to view the secret text


Josh



Sorry for being a bit thick here but I do not see how I can get the baby to 17,1 if I am down by the mother killing her. Without the arrow in 17,3 I could do it , by standing there with Beethro. but as it is I am still stuck. I guess I need that extra hint still ...

Edit : OK I think I got it by H&S effect . I need to:
Click here to view the secret text



[Last edited by porcorosso at 01-21-2010 01:56 PM]
01-21-2010 at 01:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
jbluestein
Level: Smitemaster
Avatar
Rank Points: 1642
Registered: 12-23-2005
IP: Logged
icon Re: The Puzzle Catacombs : The Catacombs : 2 North, 1 West (0)  
quote:
porcorosso wrote:
Edit : OK I think I got it by H&S effect . I need to:
Click here to view the secret text




Give that man a cigar!

____________________________
"Rings and knots of joy and grief, all interlaced and locking." --William Buck
01-21-2010 at 03:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
cinera
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 25
Registered: 01-08-2015
IP: Logged

File: Twice N, One W.png (841 KB)
Downloaded 5 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: The Puzzle Catacombs : The Catacombs : 2 North, 1 West (0)  
Please help.I have a problem slwowing down the snake getting to 10,10 so the tar can block it. Any suggestions??
See attached
03-16-2017 at 05:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
cinera
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 25
Registered: 01-08-2015
IP: Logged
icon Re: The Puzzle Catacombs : The Catacombs : 2 North, 1 West (0)  
I just cannot figure out how to kill that snake and not end up with a roach at 12,11
Please help
03-17-2017 at 12:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Insoluble
Level: Smitemaster
Avatar
Rank Points: 870
Registered: 09-04-2014
IP: Logged
icon Re: The Puzzle Catacombs : The Catacombs : 2 North, 1 West (+1)  
quote:
cinera wrote:
I just cannot figure out how to kill that snake and not end up with a roach at 12,11
Please help


Based on your attached image, seems you're striking the orb that makes the snake's path 30 tiles. Think about the implications of that. Also about what the other options provide.

Click here to view the secret text


One possible way to do it (warning, spoilery):
Click here to view the secret text



____________________________
Links to neat forum tools that I always have trouble finding:
Click here to view the secret text

03-17-2017 at 04:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
cinera
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 25
Registered: 01-08-2015
IP: Logged
icon Re: The Puzzle Catacombs : The Catacombs : 2 North, 1 West (+1)  
Very good! Thank you very much.
03-17-2017 at 06:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The Puzzle Catacombs : The Catacombs : 2 North, 1 West
Surf To:


Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com

Powered by: tForum tForumHacks Edition b0.98.8
Originally created by Toan Huynh (Copyright © 2000)
Enhanced by the tForumHacks team and the Caravel team.